Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DBGDK.Net update...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a note to Apex or TGC Guys... Just wanted to make sure I got the right package. I've been going through the commands to see which ones work, which ones don't, and which ones need further explaining. I would like to think I have made the best choice, so I just want to make sure that you are still in full support of this package and continuing to work on the next update. I know it was just 70 bucks, and, to be honest, it's the only thing I find interesting enough to keep my attention when learning C#. I have so many damn books, but have you seen all the apps they use as examples to teach you? How boring is that? Who needs another 'student database' or 'web browser'... wee...

Now, if I could make cool things zoom across the screen in 3D while accessing a database of information or interfacing with the web, now that would be a cool way to learn. You learn the same stuff, just way more fun...

Anyway, just want to make sure that every attempt is being made to continue supporting the package to make it better. Not looking for a time frame, just an assurance that it faces a long future and, we beg of you, better documentation on some of the commands. Although, it's been rather easy to translate from DBPro to DBGDK... 'cept that damn memory move stuff you posted. Still doesn't make sense, but then again... I am still learning C#...

Thanks...
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 01:59 Edited at: 18th Jul 2007 02:01
The DGDK.NET is not an abondoned project. The current version 1.0.9.0 is in line with the latest version of the C++ Lib version of the DGDK. As TGC updates/enhances the base dgdk, the .net version is updated to match it. This is not to say that the base dgdk is necessarily always inline with DBP. They are separate products so DBP may get updated, but a lag may occur until those changes/updates are propogated to the dgdk. Thats up to TGC. Once the dgdk is updated Apex can update the .net version.

hope that helps explain the flow

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 03:14
I will support, and fix any issue related to DGDK.NET as quickly as is humanly possible, of course if I find issues that affect me and the DGDK.NET product, I bring them to TGC's attention so that both DGDK and DGDK.NET can be sorted quickly.

I'm aware that the documentation is lapse on various functions, but unless the DGDK HTML files are also updated, I can't really do alot about this tbh.

Paul.

JKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent... I'm able figure things out, and like I said, to keep my interest and learn C# for $70, it's a bargain. I think anybody wanting to learn C++ or C# should really pursue something like this. It's way more interesting. OK, so it doesn't teach you DirectX, but if you learn the base language, and want to, for some twisted reason, learn DirectX, at least you learned the base language and DirectX's convoluted, weird, confusing, twisted way of making ANYTHING will become more understandable...Even Managed DirectX and XNA... I thought those might be a little easier. Oh, it's a 'little' easier to understand but still takes 100 lines just to SET UP the stupid framework... DB...way easier... Thanks for making a great learning tool, if nothing more...

It's like watching a cartoon with a message. You're entertained and you learned something... Better than listening to Dr. Phil. (He's an American Know-it-all tv shrink, if you've never heard of him in the U.K. Very annoying Texas accent. Owes his life to Oprah)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:20:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:20:28