Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / New to DarkBasic pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to eventually make a 3rd person involving guns and other weapons. but i was wundering where should i start i mean what projects should start with so i can get to know the program without encountering manny problems.

I found out about DarkBasic Pro from a friend of mine who has the full version, he said he was going to buy me the full version soon probly next weekend and where going to work on making a huge game plan over the next few years.

he knows more about it then me but i want to get the basics started before i get the full version so i can try to catch up with him. i have exp with making textures and moddeling but verry little in writing scripts programming ect...

The most i have done is write scripts for a game called Neverwinter nights creating new spells and even working up a complicated weather system for the game. but this was the only game it felt almost completely natural when i scripted for it.

simply put i would love some people to give me suggestions on some simple things i should try to do before i get started on the 3rd person action game/ shooter.

New to DarkBasic Professional
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 04:55
3d pong would help in many ways for that style of game.
3d asteroids
3d space invaders

create a mini game so you understand the overview of a games design core.

andrey d
Years of Service
User Offline
The most important things you will have to worry about is collision and AI (if it applies though). Everything else besides that I think is a piece of cake. However, I strongly recommend not jumping into a project but taking time to play around with DBPro and testing things out, no matter how stupid. This will be of great help when it comes to debugging and actually memorizing commands.
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 13:00
Start basic and move up to more complicated stuff. Listen to indi. But notice that programming is different from writing scripts. Infact it's much different. Just keep that in mind. But you'll propobly learn it fast. Dark Basic Pro is easy to learn. Just ask here if there is something you're haveing trubble with, and we will help you the best we can.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:26:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:26:37