Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D Studio 8 to Panda X animation prob

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 03:39
G'Day all,

I know there are a few posts similar to this flying around but nothing seemed to help me out.

I have created a humanoid model in 3D studio and have created my own skeleton and have xformed the verticies to the bones and have animated a quick running set (frames 1 to 11) then have exported the model to .x using the Panda plugin.

Here are the settings i used :

Output options
Mesh definition
Materials
Inc Animation
Bones

Object Types
Geometry
Bones

Mesh Options
Mapping Co-ordinates
Vertex Colours

Animation
Made an 'idle' 0-0 set, and a 'run' 1-11 set
tried both matrix AND position rotate scale

Xfile Animation Options
Played with these and didnt seem to help either.

When opening in DBPro it seems to have only one frame and wont animate.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW this is for a remake of the old school NES game RESCUE
Johaness
Years of Service
User Offline
Could either be your animating code or the model. Posting either one would help source out the problem.

1. Are you using Skin or Physique modifier? I remember panda having some issues with Skin but could have been fixed in v8.

2. Use Print total object frames(object number) to see if the model has all the frames.
Zergei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 05:47
Are you exporting the model along with the bones?, by selecting all of the bones + model, then exporting.
Also, is the code you wrote for playing the animation correct?

Further on my stuff at...
llama_000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 08:27
ah i think i found my problem i think ive gone about this all wrong...

i havent used a physique or skin modifier at all just used the autokey button and dragged the bones for animation after xforming them... when i exported to 3ds then reimported the bones had become detatched from the verticies. unless .3ds doesnt support bones im guessing whatever happened there happened in darkbasic too with the .x file

anyway i should be able to work something out from these forums now and learn these "skin" and "physique" modifiers. (i am new to organic animation)

thanks very much for the replys!
llama_000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 04:28
Okay i'm still stuck on this issue. kW seems to produce nothing with my model (the file looks fine but darkbasic doesnt load anything up) with physique and panda just crashes now. Could it be that i have my own custom skeleton?

I'm stumped and about to give up dont make me give up...

i know i havent captured all the verticies (could that be the problem?) but i just wanna make sure that i can do this before i detail my model to how i really want it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:22:34