Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive made a series of short games titled "shambles". In these games, the player merely walks around vandalizing things. download them at http://www.sushicrowd.com/shambles.htm

taken from anothe forum:
the "spirit" of shambles is to just screw around and vandalize things. to have fun in the moment. to do what you want to and not take any crap from anyone. "hey, i wonder what happens when i throw this table through the window"

the spirit of the general FPS is to run around doing stuff for somebody else. complete mission objectives. to make your way through the game as fast as possible. get to the next level, the next room.
"gotta get to level 20! gotta get to level 21! gotta get to level 22!"

There is a difference. Though each shambles contains fun hidden extras, you dont need them. you dont have to complete any objectives. you dont rush to the next level, because there is not a next level. when you play it, you should be having fun. you should arrange furniture in various ways and then blow it all up with a battery to watch the cool explosion. you shouldnt be attempting to "beat the game" by blowing up all the furniture in the most efficient manner possible.

cherish the carnage.

cherish it like a $400.00 glass of wine. cherish it like the millisecond in which you have defeated an enemy and your sword is just about to slice into his flesh. if you rush to achieve something transient as a video game, the fun is over much too soon. dont live for the future in shambles. have fun in the present.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 01:51
Nice idea, but it just looks like a prefab with loads of entities thrown in. As far as I knwo it's a great game, but I can't help but wonder...

I like random stuff- but I hate watermelons!
seck
Years of Service
User Offline
the first one is mostly prefabs. the science lab prefab works well for that kind of thing. later games don't use the prefabs as much. i stayed as simple as possible, as these were intended for download and fast gameplay.
gecko265
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 17:41
Sounds like a unique idea downloading now!

hello
gecko265
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 18:19
Dear Seck,
I found your game very challenging. I downloaded Shambles School.
Since there where ammo pickups i looked for weoapons but only found grenades. And i could find any keys for the doors. It was a fun game!

Everytime a made stairs they fell down.(If you dont know what i mean see pic below)

hello

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:58:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:58:02