Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Fixing model collision?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 02:50
I've been working on entities that could be used for sewers or tunnels. They're small enough that you have to crawl through them. I've got them so that they finally line up. However I'm having a problem crawling in and out of my incline section. I figure there must be something strange that I can't see that's blocking my path.

Does anyone have any recommendations for debugging this. When the entities are by themselves I can crawl through them easily. And I can go through the straight and elbow sections when they are joined. It's just my incline section. Screenie attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 05:33
Answer: Don't have an inclined section!

Actually, I have no idea. I'm just going to take a wild guess.

I'm not sure of what the engine uses for player collision, but if it uses limbs, then that could be the problem. The inclined pipe would be too small of a space for it to realize that you could walk up it, and it would think that you're facing a wall or something.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 05:46
That answer was too easy!

I use the incline to go up and down levels without leaving the sewer/tunnel. Otherwise I'd have to put stairs or a ladder. How silly is that.

Well I've managed to get it to work by sizing the incline just a tad bit smaller. The problem is that now it's not seamless. So this demonstrates that there's definetly enough room inside.

Could just be a bug with the engine. We've all seen how wall and doors seem to leak into each other. Or we see light coming through the seam in a closed door.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 07:17 Edited at: 20th Jul 2007 09:53
look at the FPE file and look for the line marked collisionmode or colmode.
I could be wrong but if im not mistaken-
= 0 player can pass through
= 1 uses an invisible bounding box
= 2 uses actual face geometry(also more memory)
I'll post back if I find im wrong

it could be completely opposite

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 15:43 Edited at: 20th Jul 2007 15:43
Quote: "look at the FPE file and look for the line marked collisionmode or colmode"

0=box
1=polygons
2=reduced
3=cylinder
4=sphere

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:42:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:42:26