Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I kinda have a crush on lee. *shame*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

But I don't know if he's married and besides that I have a boyfriend. Should I seek help for my problem?

Write dear abby? What should I do?

He's so handsome, and smart. *sigh*
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 16:19 Edited at: 31st May 2003 16:20
Its just a stupid crush. You shouldn't worry.

cuRant PRogekt: a three-de map editer
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 17:30
lol, not taking your pills i see.

It ok, everything will be OK!

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 17:43 Edited at: 31st May 2003 17:44
Dear Compton,

Do not see him from the outside my child. He is already married with 5 wives with 37 kids (so far). Besides, that is not his natural body, its merely his 'skin texture' for his 'body model' to walk among us humans. His actual self is feature in the picture below.

Click the link below, play the game, and know the truth about Lee Bamber! lol!
http://www.darkbasicpro.com/rr.php?i=67

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 18:26
do not try to fall in love with lee..... that's impossible..... instead..... try to realise the truth..... there is no lee...... and the matrix has you!

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the sufferening.....
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 18:37
These threads get more and more stupid every day!

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 18:38
tell me about it

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the sufferening.....
Puzzler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 18:48 Edited at: 31st May 2003 18:49
sorry hexgear- run out of red pills

Piecing together the puzzle of Dark Basic- Puzzler

AMD Athlon 500 MHZ (393216K), NVidia TNT, Windows XP Professional Edition
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 19:34
If that is Lee's digital projection of his mental self... the real thing sounds a scarry prospect.

[Aggh! - This matrix philosophical bs. is doing my head in]

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 19:36
red pills - not recommended by doctors

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 20:40
We have sooooooo short attention spans,,how do we code!

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 20:42
even online Lee gets stalked... poor Lee

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 20:54
Lee is not married BTW. If he was he wouldn't be allowed to work at 3.20 AM in the morning. That is why Rich has to work normalish hours.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 20:55
"how do we code!"

We code !?

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 22:22
I make my slaves do it...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 00:16
lol Oh dear

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 02:28

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 05:41
O_O...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 06:00
lets make a mmorpg, called stalk lee, where the players try to get past security gaurds and compton, trying to get lee

I always win don't you know that?
Programming RPG games in Dark Basic
Since 1999.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 06:15
Quote: "Lee is not married BTW. If he was he wouldn't be allowed to work at 3.20 AM in the morning."

:: looks at Rich :: i hope you can get this new website done before you tie the knot hehee

jokes aside, Lee doesn't work through the nite because he prefers to get his 8hrs sleep a day and be fully refreshed to code.
He's right too, because it is far easier to program with a fully refreshed body and mind than to get in 60hr coding sessions because you want to figure something out.
side i though everyone knew why Lee didn't stay up all nite coding, i mean it was in his interveiw with Insider about 2months back.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 07:10
60 hour coding sessions?

I can just imagine...

Beginning:

sync on: sync rate 60
set camera range 5000
make camera 2 : set camera range 2,200
open to read 1,"Str1.str"
etc

End:

iph c==one
doostuff(1111,2)
elfs
hailequals1
edifs

cloz f 1
eend
etc

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 08:14
lol... my problem when i get too tired is not spelling mistakes but i start thinking using another language so it'll be like

function Myfunction ( something as dword )
expel as double integer
expel = something * something ^ something
endfunction expel

and end with soemthing like

if( myfunction( dword something ) == something )
{
gosub getmesomecoco
}

lol... only realise when however i was coding for goes "what the hell is this?"

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 18:57
he he, i can just imagine trying to run that in dark basic and the compiler yells back "what the f**k do you think your doing? this isn't C++ or java" and you just wake up after crashing on your keyboard and realise it's only a dream or was it

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 19:26 Edited at: 1st Jun 2003 19:27
" Lee doesn't work through the nite because he prefers to get his 8hrs sleep a day and be fully refreshed to code."

Lee certainly does code very late. He regularly gets up at say 12:00 noon and finishes coding at 2:00 AM in the morning - according to his DBDN diary

@Raven

I know the feeling, sometimes I start in basic, go through Pascal and end up in PHP or Java at 1:00 AM in the morning. Personally I find that if I ever code after 11:00 PM, everything goes rather pear-shaped.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 20:34
Funny, I code best between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 20:59
dont worry about double posts raven... just tell me....

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2003 13:57
Hehe Compton, you should take up snooker, dump that boyfriend and move into Lee's house one afternoon when he's out collecting an award. It's so crazy it might just work.

Before the retro comp deadline I coded for about 22 hours straight, but that loosely translated into about 6 hours actual work if I was refreshed. I get up at 6:30am, and get home at about 5pm, so really, during the week the most I can work for is about 4 hours, even that's tough; I rarely work for more than a couple of hours a night. If I want to work late, I need a nap after work - or a lie-in the next day.

It can be difficult to convince women why DB's important to us, I get in trouble all the time - but the fiance's being more supportive now, the boy just keeps harassing me to make him a dragon game (he has an eerie urge to burn some peasants!).

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 03:03
my brother gets that urge too Van... unfortunate its when we play B&W online and then i have to end up teaching him some respect with some vengeful armageddon (^_^)
he keeps restarting his beastie though - had mine since i bought the game the day it came out hehee, so its old, wise and knows my style of online evil

i've only met one girl who didn't mind me programming or doing art at all hours of the day, she just loved me creating things - said it brought out my artistic side. god i kinda wish everything could be so sereane again

other than her no girls that like me like coding and visa-versa it seems ... they all seem to be superficial people that i end up with.
sometimes wonder what the point in girls like that are - ho well eh
as for Lee's coding sessions upto 2am, that ain't too late for a coder or artist
most i know are up til like 4-5am before they'll think perhaps it is a good idea to sleep - but then again up at midday and coding til 2am, is the same as up at 8am and inbed for 10pm. Sounds like a regular day to me, he's just on Student time is all

Teh Missingz0rs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2003 23:20 Edited at: 5th Jun 2003 23:23
Heh.. Lee look funny...
Heh, BomberMan rules...

BomberMan+Lee=BomberLee?

Your damaged cells are replaced by the mitosis of others. But sometimes when they split they change a little... until there are too many mistakes and you die.

- Edd Biddulph
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 00:33
Lee is enjoying his paparazzi!
Makes him feel like Wacko Jacko!

(okaaaay time to change the topic! lol!)

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 04:23
lol yeah I tried to start that topic a while ago, kinda fell flat

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 08:50
ironically i have a picture name WackyLee.jpg here that he sent me - hehee
well oki he isn't holding kids over a rail with towels over thier heads... but he was in germany

i'm almost finished with my Lee model actually, thats gonna be something interesting to show lol

Teh Missingz0rs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 12:24
Question: who would win: Lee or Bill Gates?

This calls for either a flash animation or a 20 line compo entry.

Your damaged cells are replaced by the mitosis of others. But sometimes when they split they change a little... until there are too many mistakes and you die.

- Edd Biddulph
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 07:48
It'd be a contest-- could Bill Gates bombard Lee with a critical amount of nightmarishly bugged crap, or could Lee code enough twenty-liners to fry Bill Gates' brain?

My money's on Lee.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 16:05
mine's on Lee too.

He got better hairstyle. lol!

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 16:55
"Bill Gates bombard Lee with a critical amount of nightmarishly bugged crap"

... all 46 million lines of it

Teh Missingz0rs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 18:19
That's why they never debug windows.

All the debuggers go insane after trying to locate one wrong number in about 263784823987492842643219468279423.62 lines of code.

- Edd Biddulph
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 00:23
they have a room full of 70 professional debuggers for windows - though they don't all work on the same platform some bugs are global

totally off subject, i was checking a webcast that i was emailed of John Carmack explaining the new Doom3 engine ... now it could just be me but that guy is very creepily like my brother, well just in the way he like walks, talks and looks - but it is really creepy to me. Even more so as i didn't notice until someone suggested it to me, and it was like " freaky!" lol

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 01:00
@Raven

Two things:

1. Windows has 70 professional debuggers, Linux has several thousand hardcore kernel hackers plus all the amateurs - which might explain the code quality difference

2. Carmack is rich and talented - I'm sure your bro. would take that as a compliment

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 01:54
lmao... yeah but remember Rob that the windows debuggers all know exactly what they're working on at that time and can do it in groups, Linux bug squishing is more of a mixx-mash - plus there are multiple kernels running the same OS's ... so some work well, others don't.

Though to be fair most of the Linux companies have pretty large debugging teams of thier own, though also to be fair on the windows team they don't just debug thier own software ... all drivers are tested to be WHQL, and if they're not completely good then the Windows Debug team works out why to give to companies - and there is a fair few drivers created by Mircosoft themselves which have to be debugged. Plus the sheer size of the platform and code

as for Andrew taking it as a compliment lol - knowing him he probably would, they don't have the same work ethics though ... if tell Carmack its hometime, he'll just wave at you and murmer - you tell andrew and he'll be out the door before you finish the sentance lol

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 15:56 Edited at: 8th Jun 2003 15:57
Actually you raised something which really concerns me. In the next Windows, if your graphics card driver is unsigned by MS, you are forced into a Tier 1 experience (crap GFX). Over the last year I have installed over 20 gfx. cards in various PCs. The ONLY one which had signed Windows drivers were the ATI Catalyst 3.4 ones for my R9700 Pro.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 19:11
really? hmm i dunno, all of my GeForce have been signed - well cept for my FX but i've not had a chance to install the new DetonatorFX on those systems.

but i had a problem with that too a little while back, even after installing the new drivers they wouldn't register anything signed - ended up having to do an admin reinstall ... guess its a bug they've not figured out yet.
but over the past 3weeks i think i've sent like 30-40odd reports i'm hoping they go on volume lol

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 21:51
Longhorn won't survive-- people won't put up with that much. If it does, it'll be in a hacked, pirated form floating all over the 'net-- thanks to the wonderful technology of file sharing. Joy to the world!

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 03:44
should've named it LongJohn

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 13:50
I discovered Knoppix a few weeks ago - now, with the exception of DB, I'm a convert.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 17:03
i've been using RedHat for almost 8years although its good and the new RedHat 9's builtin Dx stuff is cool - overall Windows is just far far better.

After all if i want to develop something for windows i don't have to get umpteen different licenses just to create it, as the Windows APi's are all free and free of licensing
Plus i know i've got an audience of almost 120million potential customers plus i don't have to worry about compatibility issues between versions of Windows as generally 9x & NT programs are 100% compatibles ... whereas the word compatibility within the Linux community is a joke in itself

sorry but the pure ease and support is something that Linux will just never be able to support until there is actually one singular standard - and the very nature of Linux means there the won't be.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:33:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:33:36