Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / HTML Tool

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 19:00 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 01:55
This is just something that I've had sitting around for a while that I decided I might as well post here.

Its a better alternative to notepad for creating webpages, though it may still be a bit buggy.

The toolbar buttons are:
New
Open
Save
View (requires saving)

There is a Hex Value window which allows you to:
Use a color chooser to find a color and its hex value (click the big button)
Type in a hex value and click "Get Color" to display that color in the big button

There is a Templates window which allows you to pick a template (only one right now though), though some values in the template require filling in.

I've attached a screen shot, I'll attach the program in the next post. I'd appreciate it if you could test it how and post any bugs/commments on it. Thank you.

V 1.05
Fixed a problem with the Hex Color window, causing it to always display the color as black.
An outdated gui.dba file for BlueGUI was causing the program to trigger the Exit menu option whenever the "Inject Code" and "Get Color" buttons were pressed. This has now been fixed.
Fixed a problem which caused the program to pop up the "Save As" dialog even though a file location and name had already been chosen. The program will now automatically save the file.

To Do
Add Doctype to templates

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gamefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 19:01 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 03:02
Here is the executable

Please excuse the file size, it must be including some DLLs that it doesnt need.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 20:02
Aww! Everything I clicked made me save and save and save. and save! Even the hex color chooser thing didn't want to work.

Just one comment though, make sure to include a doctype into the template. Its needed for 100% of all websites, but not many people do use it. It keeps IE7 rendering properly-ish.
Gamefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 21:36
Hmmm...well inserting code currently asks you if you want to save because it replaces anything typed in already, maybe i could make it not ask if you didn't type anything. In order to view the page you obviously have to pick somewhere to save it, expecially if you are using images...Did anything else make it save?

What about the hex color chooser didn't work? I click the big square button, it pops up a color chooser, I click on, click ok, and it gives me the hex code in the text box. Or was it turning the text into a color?
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 23:05
Do I see competition?

Gamefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 02:13 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 03:11
Not really, but you working on your reminded me that I had one sitting around so I figured I might as well post it and finish removing the bugs.

Good luck with yours, do you have any ideas on what I should add to mine?

[EDIT] I've fixed a few of the problems. Does anyone else see any bugs or have any suggestions?
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 03:45
Syntax. And then help me. ROFL.

Gamefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 03:51

Do you have any ideas on how to do syntax highlighting? I'm using BlueGUI and I don't think it's really good enough to do that.

What do you need help with?
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 04:24
I think you should change it from "Inject code" to "add code".

Gamefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 04:43 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 01:54
ok, I was thinking that it sounded kind of ... wierd

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 04:46
Nope WinGUI.

MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 19:44 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 19:46
It is possable to do Syntax Highlighting in Blue RichEdit Boxes as I did it once as a Function called ApplySyntaxtoRichEdit(Gadget).

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=104495&b=18

it ran a little slow, but it worked, I made it compatable with DarkBasic and VBScript Commands, but i had to make my own Keyword Files.

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:38:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:38:29