Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Doom 2D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 14:40 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 14:56
I decided to take a break from my other project and see what 2D features DBP actually has, so i'm creating a remake of my favourite game, Doom. It's not like the original doom but a side-scrolling shooter.

Done
WIP
Planned

Features :

Player
Simple Enemy
Enemy AI
Background

Let me know what you think, I'll release a simple tech demo soon if anyone wants to try it.

Here's a simple screenshot, I tried to cram it into one image simply because there isn't a whole lot to see yet.

VIDEO - http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/?i=1247837

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 14:47
Nice idea. I'd forgotten that old 3d games used sprites. I look forward to seeing how this goes.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 14:55
Thanks.

Update -

Here's a simple video. It was over 600mb but winrar compressed it to about 1mb, I have no knowledge about file compression though.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 15:59
Quote: "It was over 600mb but winrar compressed it to about 1mb"
Yeah, I had a 2.5gb MIS file the other day that went down to 9mb. Was a little surprised to say the least.

I thought this was going to be top down to be honest. I remember there was a game based on the Quake engine that did that. Well cool. Still, a side scrolling shooter with Doom graphics sounds well nice. Are you going to make it like Exolon? That would be cool.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Current fave quote : "She was like a candle in the wind.... unreliable...."
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 21:28
Top down would be easier in terms of programming but I would need to make more graphics, I'd prefer to stay with the original doom ones. And yes, it will (hopefully) be like Exolon.

Thanks for your comments

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 00:39
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but if anyone feels up to it, some sprite grids for this project would be very much appreciated. It's only a simple freeware project so I don't want to spend all my time on it.

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:34:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:34:18