Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / FPSC Billboard Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 03:30
I've been a fan of battlefield vietnam for a while and really liked the way you can find some long grass and duck in it to provide camouflage from other players or hide out for sniping.

Therefore I decided to try and recreate a working version of this for FPSC and have so far only managed limited success.

I've used milkshape to create a plane and have then applied a grass texture to it and turned it into an FPSC ready entity but has the following issues in game:

1 - The grass appears ok when viewed from a particular side of the entity but when i walk passed the grass and turn around it disappears until i walk back round the other side.

2 - Regardless of whether I set the entity to dynamic or static and collisionmode to 0, I still cannot walk through the grass.

If anyone can help with points 1 and 2 I would be most grateful. As previously mentioned I'm using milkshape but I guess the solution should be common between modellers.

Screenshot of grass entity created in milkshape attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 03:31
Screenshot of grass billboard in FPSC

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 03:33
Video showing rendering issue when viewing grass billboards from other side

Attachments

addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 03:49
theres is only one face on the mesh so the texture will only be on that side, copy the face in milkshake and flip its normals/turn it around then it will be 2 sided,

or you could just put to of the entitys down faceing oposite ways!

hope it helps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:17