Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 05:12
Is there another way to fix half sunken entities in FPSC. I followed the tutorial that suggested Fragmotion and milkshape to a "T" 4 times but my model still sinks halfway down. The model is the cultist model
Thanks
Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 15:23
Thanks for responding Underside, I tried what you suggested but it still didn't work. I adjusted the models Y-pos to 50 from 0 and ran the application, the entity still is waist high above the floor.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 15:28
Then try 25.. Keep changing til its perfect..

Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 02:50
Well here is a problem I just realized, the entity is a character so there is no adjust y-pos to raise the entity up. If I select to build as a character then the only "Y" option I have is to adjust so it faces the camera.
Ezykeyal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 20:36
You can also export with a Y offset.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 02:17 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 02:28
Your problem is the way it's exported, as it's zeroing out to the "com1" bone located in pelvis. No amount of 'tweeking' in the FPE will ever fix this. It has to be fixed in a modeling application.

My advice. Make sure all the bones are 'hidden'. In Max this can be done one of two ways, and each will produce different results in the FPSC engine. One having some horrid geometric oddities. If your using some other app, you'll have to try making them hidden as well as following the instructions for rigging to a tee. Others have got the tutorials to work, so undeniably this is user error. Either on your part for not following closely, or their part for forgetting some inane detail that others have caught.

Check list:
1) Make sure x,y,and z coordinates are zeroed out.
2) Size mesh correctly, and don't forget to reset the 'x-form' or non-Max equivalent.
3) Make sure the mesh is collapsed(meaning mesh form and not in poly)
4) Re-do your skeleton. If using Max, make sure when you load the animations that the foot is made '0' point by the check box.
5) Hide all bones, including the Com1(or whatever the bone is called in your application...it's in the pelvis and is the top of the hierarchy.)
6) Export using the methods described in detail for the many applications that are used for FPSC animated characters.

Luck
Loc

Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 04:19
Locrian, thank you. My model is now not sunk in the floor, but it has no animation it just floats tword the player. I used milkshape and played back the animations and they work in milkshape. any suggestions?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 04:55
I'm sorry. My Milkshape knowledge fills a thimble. I have no idea how to "skin" the skeleton in your app. Knowing guys like D13 use it, my first order of business would be to write him, and any other guy with proven results, a letter that would require a cleaning of my nose asking for help or a link to the tut they used.

Luck
Loc

Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 06:34
well thanks for the advise and help on getting the model on its feet in the level. Once I get the animation fixed I'll have my boss for my first short game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:51