Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Iron Infantry aka TankGame

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 04:34
Another Update: I have written a lot of tools over that few months, classes, an Opp Library that keeps growing, I have a ton
of pieces of my game's jigsaw puzzle coming together.

My Next MAIN Goal is an "IN-GAME" Editor which will be a parallel development process for both game and a game level/mission editor.

In order to REALLY have the right tools for the job however - I need to write a DarkGDK GUI that works in full screen or windowed mode because to date - no one has anything that's ready for prime time. So... My GUI development has begun!

I'm borrowing many property names from familiar "GUI" schemas like C#'s and FreePascal's Lazarus project. In short the GUI system will be alot of "same old same old" for programmer's who have been around awhile.

Making a GUI isn't enough, I also NEED a GUI designer.... otherwise what's the point? Writing X,Y coord's by hand? BAH!

Well.. Time for bed now... and LOTS to do tomorrow and over the next month. Hopefully I can move quickly and have the quality I'm looking for.

Wish Me Luck!
Jason P Sage

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
The menu looks a lot better, and probably looks great in motion. Also, good luck on your GUI!

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 02:30 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 02:31
@Jimpo - Thank You Very Much! (Does look cool in motion!)

The Highlighted options "Come At you" and recess back into place while it spins about - quite smooth actually.... My favorite part is how if you click a tread that is at the very bottom of the screen or whatever, the one you click sets the spin in motion and it auto rotates until your selection is the highlighted one.

BTW - I just worked on the Web Page and added a new Progress Log entry and like 20 pics - including this menu shot... I now have over 60 pics - on two gallery pages if you want to take a quick gander - feel free!

[edit] Just in case you didn't know the link was in my sig - http://www.jasonpetersage.com/?PAGE=ironinfantry&SECTION=ironinfantry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:30:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:30:58