Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / question that's been bugging me!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 05:52
I'm sorry, but this question has been in my head for some time!

Is it possible to create exe's(plugin's or not) within a program made with DBPro? I'm asking because I've been looking at X-Quad and FPS Creator and I was curious about how the exe's were created.
If I need to be more specific, let me know.

P.S. I searched, and I found nothing.

No Common Sense for the Common Things!!!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 06:45
I don't think the FPSC editor that builds the game is made with DBPro... and I don't think it creates the .exe... I think the executable file is already installed it just creates a copy for your game...

[center]
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 13:55
Quote: "Is it possible to create exe's(plugin's or not) within a program made with DBPro?"

Exe's yes. That's the whole point behind DB Pro.

FPSC is written in DB pro, and yes a copy is made when you create your FPSC game. The source is available though for you to modify, I think it was distributed with upgrade 5.9.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 16:53
Quote: "Quote: "Is it possible to create exe's(plugin's or not) within a program made with DBPro?"

Exe's yes. That's the whole point behind DB Pro."

I think the question is "can I write a program in DBPro which will create exe files" - not "can I create exe's with DBPro".

So, the way I read it, the answer is no - because DBPro includes a compiler and your own program would not, meaning that you would have to supply the DBP compiler which is not allowed.

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:21:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:21:53