Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Configure EXE Settings

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 03:55
Hello there,

I would like to create a windowed application that cannot be resized. How do I disable the maximize/restore down buttons?

I appreciate the help, thank-you in advance.

Regards,
Sam
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 15:49
Use the SET WINDOW LAYOUT command.

The important parameter is the first one - that disables all icons on the titlebar.

sriveros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2007 05:16
The command works, thank you very much for you help.

Regards,
Sam
sriveros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 19:08
I have another question that relates to this topic.

How do I go from a SET WINDOW LAYOUT 0,0,0 to Fullscreen Exclusive Mode? I realise that I can achieve a similar effect by using the MAXIMIZE WINDOW command, but this I believe to be a Windowed - Fullscreen with a hidden titlebar, not a Fullscreen Exclusive Mode. The performance drop from an exclusive and windowed display mode in noticable.

What I am trying to do is display a small splash image while the application starts up, and then jump to Fullscreen Exclusive Mode when loading is done.

This effect is used by Adobe when Photoshop starts up; the same is done in 3D Studio Max or Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.

I want to give my game a polished/professional look. Details like these are important.

Regards,
Sam
sriveros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 20:57
I seem to have fixed the performance problem my self.

The performance issue was actually due to a sync rate settings that was off. The technique above works fine..

Regards,
Sam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:30:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:30:32