Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 3ds models for static use in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 19:27
All,

My son is trying to import some models that are .3ds format into his FPSC library for static ingame use. Is this possible? If so what files do I need to create and where do I place them? I have converted one model as a test into a X file, what next. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or pointing me to a tutorial?

For example, he wants to take a F-16 model and just have it sitting there. No animation.

Best Regards,

Mike
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 22:46
Go to the official fpscreator site.

Download entity maker for free.

Follow some tutorials that goes with it.

And then you are ready to go.
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello and welcome to these forums To go more into depth on what you need to do it can be very easily imported into an .X file

1. either buy or download a 3d application that can export to .X or just download a 3ds to .X converter here- Download

1a. this step is for a modeling program if you used the converter insted skip this step now for the model find in the program (I recommend buying milkshape) after that go to import-3ds then go to export-direct .X

2. Now to use the converter create a new folder some where and place the 3ds models you want to convert do not try to convet them on the desktop place the 3ds models you want converted in the folder with the converter in there and run the program after you should just continue and it will turn it into an .X file

3. download the entity maker or get MagicFPS (Highly Reccommeneded) now with entity maker fill out all that it asks you to do, but with magicFPS you can scale the model to your liking also big note to make it just scenery make it STATIC not DYNAMIC

*PLEASE NOTE THE MODEL MAY COME OUT TO SMALL OR BIG CHANGE THE SCALE FIELD IN THE ENTITY MAKER OR SCALE IT IN MAGICFPS*

Now to learn to use entity make you have to follow the tutorials with it

best regards,

TEST OF WILL
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 23:35
There is a program called Entity Workshop in the Product Chat forun.Get it.And Nickydude's guide is in a sticky in the Product Chat forum.Download it and read it and the FPSC manual.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Triggr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2007 01:45
Thank you all for the help and direction, it is much appreciated. We used the entity maker provided by FPSC, now we have to figure out the X,Y. Our airplane is sticking out of the ground nose up. But we did get it to fly, it kind of blasts off like a rocket, quite funny.

If anyone needs 3ds models, I have over a 1000 of them, very high quality, I use them for military simulation software, training tool (job). But this is our first stab at making a game, so wish us luck! TriggrB2@hotmail.com for models.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:23:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:23:44