Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / signs verus magic fps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2007 12:53
downloaded the signs demo and magic fps but before i impulse buy one a quick question.
which one is more versatile and has less errors and more tech help (if needed).
before anyone says "search for the answer" i already have and nothingcomes up with magic fps.
cheers.

by the way i used to be on this forum ages ago known as thicko then changed it to tpfkat.

the programmer formarly known as thicko.
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2007 13:07
I have both. Magic FPS doesn't have as good wall as Signs, but signs only allows 24 bit textures while Magic FPS doesn't have a limit. If you are going to make entities too, get Magic FPS.

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2007 15:28
I have been using Signs for my projects and have been in touch with its creators throughout. Terry of Data Tek (creator of Signs) has always listened to any suggestions that I might of had and has improved Signs over the years. I have had a look at Magic FPS but I did not like the overall look and use of the program but I'm sure it is also a good program.
I much prefer Signs for its ease of use and variety of uses.
I hope you make the right choice which best suits your needs.
Luciferia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2007 16:32
Also owners of signs get the Landscape terrain construction kit which is incredibly useful.
Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 03:15
I have signs and very pleased with its abilities. The support is also great. I also have Magic fps, I haven't really done much with this program as of yet so I really can't comment. Both are priced resonable.
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 19:24
i think im leaning more towards signs

the programmer formarly known as thicko.
will_help
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 02:02
i love magic fpsc i use it all the time its real great especialy if you need to import your models

-will
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 02:13
I sort of compare them in my Noob Help Thread.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 02:27
Quote: "which one is more versatile and has less errors and more tech help (if needed)."

...Signs is by far the better choice...

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
just get both signs is best for segments in some cases and magicFPS is great for both in good ways
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 19:25
i have both and i say signs it better you can create signs(say in the name)and its more better im having trouble putting mfps stuff cuz im on a family pc wich has 6 drives so there c: n: and so on anc fpscreator aint in c: and signs in the settings you can created directorys such as "custom signs""cust segs" and so on mfps save it as magic fps you need to change the file name like what buckethead
somfps(<bout to be shot)(<me)

Working on a game called "siinster" and after e1 of Doom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:34:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:34:14