Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 03:39
Anyone know of any basic character meshes that I could use as a starting point in Milkshape or AC3D?
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 03:43
what I did when trying to learn chracter modeling is look at allot of peoples wiremesh shots. Find some of bonds work as its limbs and such is the simplest to grasp and then customize.

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 03:46 Edited at: 6th Aug 2007 03:48
Here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=80347&b=24

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 04:50
Thanks a bunch for the help.
I also found that there's an open source project called makehuman.
I created a base there, exported as an .obj and then imported to Milkshape.

http://www.dedalo-3d.com
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 05:03
check the liscense on make human bore ya go too far.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 05:52 Edited at: 6th Aug 2007 05:57
I think we're good to go...

Quote: "Copyright (c) 2001-2006 makehuman.org

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Mesh"), to deal in the Mesh without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Mesh, and to permit persons to whom the Mesh is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Mesh.

THE MESH IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE MESH OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE MESH."

Gotta say, this is something all us rookies should check out.
Now if I could just figure UV mapping with AC3D!
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 15:56
Make human creates very high poly models though doesn't it?

TATBS 1.8 is now fully functional. Brilodis is having its districts extracted to Battle City. Krina and Karin are twice the size. And you’ll see 5 times as many breeds of monsters... It’s Kalspher V3.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 16:01
Yes it does. I then imported into Milkshape and used the direct x mesh tool to reduce. Anyone know if Ac3d has a similar tool?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:30:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:30:21