Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bug In dbCloneObject() (GDK)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i think that thee is a bug in the dbCloneObject() function... not only does it not accept 3 params (intellisense shows an overloaded version of the function that should take 3 args, but the linker gives the error below if 3 args are tried), but also, i'm getting the impression that there is some data being shared amongst the cloned objects...

SoftShadowShader.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbCloneObject(int,int,int)" (?dbCloneObject@@YAXHHH@Z)
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK - FREEWARE Edition\Projects\SoftShadowShader\Release\SoftShadowShader.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

i'm trying to translate evolved's soft shadow shader DB code over to c++... this is how i found this...

--Mike
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 01:55
may wanna search the bug forum, and ask there - better chances getting a response from tgc there

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
thx 'Rustler... will do...

--Mike
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 14:00 Edited at: 11th Aug 2007 14:02
hey CR... where's the GDK bug forum located...

i posted something about this on the Bug Forum in the DBPro area... but it just seems to be sitting there... no response, nothing... at that rate i'll have died and been long bried before the bug report is either confirmed or rejected...

thx

--Mike
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2007 03:02
Dude - I saw that too. I have a theory - that the third parameter is perhaps a "non released" thing. I didn't check the docs but that third parameter I'm pretty sure isn't used in the Dark Basic Pro - and I bet internally they have one method "Clone" and the third flag decides Instance or Clone. Just a guess - but I might get lucky here and be right. I want truth be known on this one myself though - so if you or anyone else has something they wish to share...

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
i think the additional function overloading is missing that would allow it to accept the additional arguments that the DBPro function allows...

--Mike
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2007 22:13
Does the dbpro function allow the third param? I didn't think so. Does it?

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2007 23:47 Edited at: 13th Sep 2007 23:48
yep... i think so... i'm running version 1.063... the third arg is the shareddataflag...

type clone object into your ide (if you're using the default ide) and look at the bottom help assist panel... it should show the required args for both of the overloads...

--Mike
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 14:59
Yuppers. Hmm... Well... If its bugged - I hope the default one we are stuck with STILL saves resources over just loading the object over and over... but still allows individual limb positions.

(Instance gets weird... If you instance an object, then rotate the limb of say the original, then both object's limbs moves. Good for dance routines I suppose or making a bunch of soldeirs walk in formation )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 22:20:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 22:20:29