Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] Fpscx10 multiplayer, suggestions for improvement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
recently i was looking on the "your fpscx10 questions answered" and found this:

Quote: "Q: Will multiplayer be enhanced?
A: No plans to change the basic multiplayer features of X10. We don't understand that users want to see it do more. This will come in time but not for V1 of FPSC X10."

I was alarmed to find that tgc dont "understand" that we would apriciate an updated multiplayer incorporated into x10.

There have been plenty of topics requesting an updated multiplayer, and this is not one of them. I feel that there should be a list of things that we, as the customer, would like in x10.

-Vehicles, this may be a bit far out of fpscx10's reach, but we could start improvising if we were allowed to use dynamic entities, maybe an option to turn dynamics on and off when creating multiplayer maps, keeping in mind that the preformance might be hindered.

-Explosives, same as above, at least give the multiplayer creators some options

-Mounted guns, this could possibly come as a feature. instead of making some ace scripter edit the source code and then create a complex script.

-multiple levels, this has been asked before i think, it would help, maybe let us stack up to 3-5 levels ontop of eachother as like a "map playlist"

-Teams, maybe using the new allies/enemies system the multiplayer could be edited slightly to allow for teams.

-Game types, e.g capture the flag. There are some nice flag entities in the ww2 pack. Maybe they should come as standard in fpscx10.

-Multiplayer ready charecters, it takes quite a bit of work editing the charecter scripts to make them start off with a certain weapon in multiplayer, this could possibly be changed so that the creator can easily place a charecter with a weapon.

If there are any more suggestions feel free to post, i will add them to the list in good time >___>

I hope now, you understand.

^___^
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
I want Vehicles in single player too! ...But I'm willing to wait I s'pose. They aren't planned to be added anytime soon and for sometime then after.

I do agree with you're points and ideas though. Honestly I say let them finish X10, upgrade X9, and then maybe we'll get a MP update. With all this demand for it I think once they finish what they're doing now it will be more likely for them to work on this area.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 16:18
TBH, I don't think theres any need for it just yet. Not many people have Vista, and not many have DX10, and not many people have a GeForce 8 series. Result = Noone to play with.

Your signature has been stolen. If you ever want to see it again, come to the cemetery and bring £500,000, oh, and can you get us some cake?
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:23:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:23:51