Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Making your own materials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to make a make my own stuff for a game im making and Im going to buy 3D Canvas Pro for the modeling project. Will I:

A. Need Texture maker to make textures for the 3D objects?
B. Need Character Shop to do the animations?
C. Is there a certain size for the segments to be?
D. Is there any other dimensions I sould know about such as character dimensions?
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
A. Use a programme such as photoshop or GIMP. Then use tuts to learn basic textures.
B. Dont really know, but fully custom models are very difficult.
C. Create the texture and use a programme like signs or Magic FPS. Its alot quicker and gives good results.
D. I dont really know.

I think your going ahead of yourself here, if your not experienced in 3D creation, you wont be able to create characters straight away. Start of with Boxes or easy to create objects with simple textures.
Use alot of tutorials and get used to the programmes before attempting anything major. But good luck.

TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "A. Need Texture maker to make textures for the 3D objects?
B. Need Character Shop to do the animations?
C. Is there a certain size for the segments to be?
D. Is there any other dimensions I should know about such as character dimensions?"

A. I recommend photoshop it's hard at first then it gets incredibly easy to make textures if you work at it
B. either that or another 3rd party program like milkshape, 3ds max, ect
C. open up a previes segment and compare the two

d. again do that with characters like I said in C
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 21:58
If you use Wethams Entity Maker or Shop or whatever it's called, you will have a reference for size of segments and characters. Also, it's free.

You also could simply load the mesh of an fpsc character/floor/wall to check size.
smelly cheese man
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I have a link to that wethams thing? I cant seem to find it with a search engine.

Also, are the tuts just on the forums or are they somewhere else? And is there a way I can make my own scripts for enemies and such, are their any tuts for that?

Thanks for your help guys. Id like to start this project as soon as possible...as soon as my computer gets enough ram to run fps creator >_< It requires the exact amount of ram my computer has.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:38:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:38:53