Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / what about bullet trails?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 21:17
I searched bullet traisl, and got nothing, so i assume this hasnt been asked yet. what about bullet trails? like in halo 1 and 2, and gears of war, when you shoot a sniper rifle, it leaves a grey trail behind the bullet. will that be possible in x10?

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 21:41
For realistic bullet trails you really need a good particle system. Personally I have no idea if FPSC X10 will have one. Particle systems will add potential for your games in numerous areas. As with any engine if it does not have one, then it should have.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 22:35 Edited at: 10th Aug 2007 22:35
Doesn't FPSC x10 have a full particle system now?
And I dont see this happening unfortunately, because most of the guns in FPSC dont actually shoot anything to attach a trail to and I am sure I read somewhere that this wont change in FPSC x10. However, they plan to upgrade the weapons with features like this at a later date. It's in the questons sticky at the top I think.
On first release all I an imagine leaving a trail would be any sort of rocket launcher, as they are the only weapons that actually render a projectile that a trail could be attatched to.

~Greg

P.S: People, feel free to prove me wrong. I dont check back on the forums as much as the rest of you probably do. =]

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 01:10
Quote: "However, they plan to upgrade the weapons with features like this at a later date"

That's a big upgrade. The coding to do that would be immense

Your signature has been stolen. If you ever want to see it again, come to the cemetery and bring £500,000, oh, and can you get us some cake?
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, but that is what they said in the questions sticky! And they wouldnt lie to us? Would they?

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 06:18
Haha. Yeah right...

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 02:33
If x10 dosen't have a partice system then there is no way that I am buying this.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 06:57 Edited at: 25th Aug 2007 06:59
Quote: "Q: Will projectiles weapons be more adjustable besides just exploding. That way we can create lazers, flying bullets, rocks, arrows etc.?
A: Not in the first version. We plan to create a stable foundation for X10 before adding substantially new concepts to the engine. In time, we believe there will be a number of great new enhancements in X10 weapon technology, which will probably appear in the form of minor updates and model packs."

Quote: "Q: Will we be able to create real-time weather effects like rain, or moving fog?
A: No, there will be no weather system in the first version. You could create the sound effects for rain and thunder, and give the sky and textures a gloomy look, but actual rain visuals would require more coding. Fog is possible as basic linear fog in the distance, but not moving fog flumes."

From those im guessing no, but dont quote me on this, im not sure

Robert F
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are guessing No to x10 having a particle system, you are wrong. The particle system is shown in several of the videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5BqbBPJmKws For example.

Unless I am missunderstanding what he says in the video, which is a possibility...

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 17:37
I would expect this probably could be achieved with a DX10 shader and wouldn't take very much to impliment.

DinoHunter (still no nVidia compo voucher!), CPU/GPU Benchmark, DarkFish Encryption DLL, War MMOG (WIP), 3D Model Viewer
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 19:08
Quote: "If you are guessing No to x10 having a particle system, you are wrong. The particle system is shown in several of the videos."

yes i guess you are right

Robert F

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:43:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:43:51