Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Incoherent Integer Arrays

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My string arrays can be saved as .txt files and read with a text editor. However, when I save an integer array, the .txt result is incoherent. It is only a bunch of symbols. I am concerned that this will affect calculations when comparing number to an index in the array. Any sugguestions?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2007 05:50
These 'symbols' you see are the ASCII representation of the values stored in the file. For example, if you store a byte value of 65 to a file, when you attempt to read the file in notepad you will see 'A', because 64 is represented as 'A' in ASCII. This shouldn't affect calculations as long as you write and read the data properly.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Cygnus
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, thank you. I realized that what i had done before was save it as a string array then used val(array$(0)) for the calculations. That was why I was able to read it in the .txt. Thanks again for the quick reply.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:20:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:20:10