Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / plama background problems.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 01:57
I'm trying to make a screensaver, to build up some basic knowledge, but am running into some problems.

I'm using a modified version of this plasma demo, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109986&b=11
and want that to be in the background, while an object is spinning in the foreground. I have both parts working separately, but can't get them to work together.

My spinning object code is pretty basic,

and I will make the code more complex later, but I was wondering how I could get a spinning object in front of that plasma demo.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Mr Bigger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 03:40
Use the Draw Sprites First command.

AMD 2600+/1GB DDR ram/GeForce 6600oc 256MB/W2KPro/DBPro 6.2
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 04:48 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 06:09
Quote: "Use the Draw Sprites First command."

exactly how would I do that.

EDIT: I used the command, but all I got was a black screen with the music. Heres the plasma code:

and heres the object code:

How would i properly combine them using the draw sprites first command?

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Mr Bigger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 08:37
Black screen?Whoa!That's no good.
Either that command is bugged or it's the wrong approach.
I never used it before.Sorry about that.

So... Here's another way

Note that the plasma code already uses the first 63 object numbers as well as image number 1.

AMD 2600+/1GB DDR ram/GeForce 6600oc 256MB/W2KPro/DBPro 6.2
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 09:18 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 11:52
I tried that and got it working in the test, and when i ran it from the exe. I converted the exe to scr and put it in the windows folder with all the media. i double clicked on the scr and it ran fine, but when I run it from the screensaver desktop manager, it gives error at line 12. Which is the load object line. I attached a zip with the scr, media folder and the source code. Maybe someone else knows how to work this.

EDIT: Download removed

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 10:53
attach all the media to your exe, in the media tab on the project folder. then convert to a screensaver then you won't need all the media in the same folder.

thanks to deathead for the sig!
Projects: alien abductor-5%
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 20:14
I finished the screensaver, its downloadable from my sites download page.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:24:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:24:47