Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Rate my segments

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi! These are a few segments that I made (FPSC ready) and I just wanted to hear your opinions. I am thinking of making a model pack.

Sorry if this isn't the right board I should post this in.

Screeny 1. This is a rocky path that I made.

I am Burianu... The OVERLORD!.... ALL HAIL THE OVERLORD!...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 02:19 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 05:51
Screeny 2. An office ceiling. Apparently works as sidewalk as well.

Attachments

dfujis the rocker
Years of Service
User Offline
long loading time... that means the seg is good!
Although it looks like asphalt which is good unless you don't like asphalt, like my skateboard

famous last words: check this out
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
And to end for now, a mediocre wall that I made, along with all the others.

Screeny 3.

Attachments

fpsfreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm... pretty good
Hardcore
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 03:39
Looks good
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, thanks! BTW, the reason it looks like asphalt is because I made it out of a picture I took OF asphalt. I probably should have named it Asphalt.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 18:43 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 18:44
7.210 SO they're good, just nothing special.

Edit: You got a .2 bonus for no seams.

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the ratings! But could you also tell me whats good and bad about them as well, so that I know what to work on. Thanks.

pak4life
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 19:53 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 19:54
looks good keep it up takes a while too load either its my comp or the pic is very good quialtiy lol anyways keep i up ....

-pak4life

EDIT: will theese be released for public??

Shot at 2007-08-13
fpsfreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Well hes nto here so ill answer your question i have emailed him asking the smae thing and hes gonna make a pack.
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 03:31 Edited at: 18th Aug 2007 05:21
Ok people! A long over due update has arrived! After long procrastinating, I have finally found time to make a new room!

It's a shed... P.S--- The door is default of MagicFPS, but I can't make doors, and this seems to work pretty well...

SCREENY ONE! THE OUTSIDE! It has the Asphalt as ground.

Attachments

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 03:34 Edited at: 18th Aug 2007 05:20
Screeny 2. Looking through door way!

Attachments

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 03:38 Edited at: 18th Aug 2007 05:18
And finally! The inside! I was a little disappointed with the inner wall but I'm ok with it.

Attachments

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Any C&C? Please state problems that you have with it. And be detailed, please. I am a noobie at this sorta stuff, so any help or suggestions, or even Ideas for what you want! But don't say things like 1."I see where it repeats!" or 2."I don't like it!". Only say 1. if you have an idea to make it more seamless, and only say 2. if you have a reason behind it!

Hope you guys can help me!

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
... Ok... This is getting ridiculous... Do I REALLY HAVE TO QUINTUPLE POST JUST TO GET A RESPONSE!?

"LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN! LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!"

----- Rocky Horror Picture Show, OF COURSE!
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 08:02
Burianu,

Here's the CC you're asking for, regarding the segment textures above:

1. The walls are the better of the two, but that fat "seam" in the middle looks awkwardly out of place. Positioned dead center just doesn't look right.

Try mirroring the "seam" and moving them (preferably to the corner) closer to the ends, or consider removing it all together.

2. The floor appears to be truly seamless...but that's a big part of the problem with the texture. It appears to be just one big, enormous slab of wood.

I've never seen a piece of wood that large...neither has anyone else. It looks disturbingly fake.

Try either to mimic parquet flooring, or 8x10 sheets of plywood stretched out, end to end. If you add seams, it will dramatically improve the floor.

Good luck to you, in your future endeavors.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 08:19 Edited at: 18th Aug 2007 08:21
@Burianu

Well I've had a look at the textures. Here is what I have to say about them.

*Warning*

you may not like what I say, but it will help you in the long run

The textures themselves are boring, they lack depth and creativity. Have you looked at the models on this forum? Most of them (not all) are rather drab, they all seems to be missing those two items I mentioned earlier. I think you should spend more time in tutorials and less time trying to put a model pack together. You must learn to walk before you can run.

Assuming that you are using an Photoshop equivalent program you should remember somethings:

1. Layer styles are your friend but to much can over produce your texture.
2. Blending options are the saving grace when it comes to adding color or shadows to a texture.
3. Don't be afraid to use multiple layers on your texture.
4. There are different size brushes and different style brushes for a reason.
5. TUTORIALS, PRACTICE, TUTORIALS, PRACTICE! That is the only way to get good. First use the tutorials to build the foundations of you knowledge base and then practice the skills you learn. I recommend learning one new technique a night. Do this for five out of seven nights a week. On the other two nights you should practice what you have learned creating everything from textures to paintings, you can also practice by editing photos to see how certain things affect shading, color and opacity levels.
Eventually you will be very good with creating visual media. The important things is that you break out in to your own style while retaining the things that you have learned.

I hope this helped a little. If this made you mad I apologize, as that was not the intent.

Cheers,
Dave

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
@Seth Black

Thank you for your honesty, and thank you for your advice, I used wood workshop to make the floor, due to me being unable to get a good picture of the floor of the shed without having to take an hour moving things. I should be able to fix the ground.

And assuming your talking about the INSIDE wall, I could get rid of it easily, I was thinking the same thing! But if your talking about the outside wall, removing it would make a big white, completely dull wall.

@Reality Forgotten

Again, thanks for your honesty, but I can never seem to find any tutorials that I really can learn off of... I am a visual learner, and most tutorials I find are text tutorials. But I will take your advice and work on getting better, instead of taking things too fast... Thanks.

P.S - If any of you happen to know a tutorial you think would help me then by all means, post it!

"LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN! LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!"

----- Rocky Horror Picture Show, OF COURSE!
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 03:30
Quote: "And assuming your talking about the INSIDE wall, I could get rid of it easily, I was thinking the same thing! But if your talking about the outside wall, removing it would make a big white, completely dull wall. "

...yes. I was talking about the inside wall. Keep up working on those textures. I wanna see them in the future!

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:19:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:19:45