Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] 3ds MAX 9 HELP NEEDED BADLY! Experts help me!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 04:34
Trust me I've searched all of the forum and gathered info, but I still cant insport a model to FPS Creator. Well here's where i'm at: I exported my model in .x format from MAX using the Pandasoft exporter and I've imported it using the Importentitiesfromxfiles program, but I don't have a mesh for my model (cuz I don't have a tga pic of my mesh) so it defaults to white... Please tell me how to get my mesh from MAX into tga format, or gimme a link to a tutorial on importing to FPSC, or really anything that u think might help! PLZ HELP!!!

yo
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
ok well did u uv map the model first if u did then u have to make or own texture then u an just make you model white and in the editor right clikc on the model that u want to texture and click on texture then set the texture u made.

Slipknot Rules
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 04:47
.tga is a texture not a model.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 06:32
I know tga is not a model i just want the texture off of my model saved as a 2d tga to import to my model into fps creator using the importentites from x files porgram

yo
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 06:32
o yea... wut is uv map?

yo
Skywalker
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think he legally owns max. If you do read the manual cause you don't want to just waste a whole bunch of money like that. Just as a side note I believe mods decided that any 3ds Max posts were to be locked...

"Its not how many times you fall its how many times you get back up!"
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
You now have to splash out on Photoshop

Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 07:01
okay, first of all, I don't own MAX my dad does and he uses it for design and no I havnt read the manual (cause I dont even know where it is). I do have Photoshop leggally (but its only 2.0) and i dont know wut splash is

yo
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 07:03
O yea and they dont losk 3ds MAX stuff

yo
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 07:16
This sounds like a question you should refer to yur user manual to answer. You could also try using the Autodesk website, or any other forum that specializes in autodesk products...

AARRGGHHH~

Dave

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 07:27 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 07:36
The question you are asking is actually nothing to do with Max but is about conversion of a graphic image,unless the texture is already tga.

Ask your dad.

To 'splash out' is simply to spend money.

'They' will losk 3dsMax stuff.

Reality F,just a thought are you on a night shift? or an insomniac, it's 5.30am in the UK.

Klive
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, check it out dude. You need to apply a UV MAP modifer to your mesh. Then you need to get two other plugins for your max. One is called chilli skinner, the other is called texporter. Without a good understanding of UV mapping and how to use PS to develop textures in.. I think you are at a loss. I am a professional game modeler, and you need to take a few classes and read tons of tutorials before you will ever get a decent model texxyured properly. So good luck wit dat...

Klive out

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:28:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:28:49