Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / i need a uv mapper!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 22:49
i need some one to txture my objects i am planning on mmaking a model pack and sell it but i cant uv map please can someone team up with me and texture thm i will let you have the model pack for free when its made if you help

falcon
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 23:12 Edited at: 17th Aug 2007 06:45
I highly suggest you learn to do it yourself. Should you make and sell a pack; what will happen if there is a problem with the texture maps and the person who made them leaves?

Depending on the quantity that you sell; a free pack is hardly a fair deal to the texture artist.

-Keith

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 03:51
Quote: "i need some one to txture my objects i am planning on mmaking a model pack and sell it but i cant uv map please can someone team up with me and texture thm i will let you have the model pack for free when its made if you help"

I agree with Keith (Keith-where have you been lately?)

I can be a nice guy and texture a few of them for you. I need the practice. I will do 5 for free and then you can pay me $4 for each model after that. Though you will have to garuntee me at least 5 paid models for me to do this. That is about as fair a deal as you will get here.

Cheers,
Dave

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 03:54
or you could look at the uv mapping tutorial on my website and see if you can learn anything.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 03:57
Zaibatsu- That is a good point though I doubt he'll look.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 05:06
I was working on some training areas for the Army for about a month (FOB or Forward Observation Post), as well as playing the OPFOR (Opposing Force) during Anuual Training for some of the Michigan Units.....that means I got to act like an Iraqi Insurgent for 2 weeks.

Other than that, I'm still looking for full-time employment as Michigan is pretty much a wasteland right now (even for a guy with 2 degrees and 10 years in the Military). Unfortunately we also bought a house up here....of which the market is dead as well. I've been trying to get my art skills in order to have a go at creating digital content on a larger scale. Still at it.

-Keith

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 05:42
Quote: "I was working on some training areas for the Army for about a month (FOB or Forward Observation Post), as well as playing the OPFOR (Opposing Force) during Anuual Training for some of the Michigan Units.....that means I got to act like an Iraqi Insurgent for 2 weeks"

I loved playing OPFOR when I was in Korea. I was gone for about a month as well. I recommend the Dead Sea, everyone has to go there at least once. kinda creepy but still very cool!

Cheers,
Dave

Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 07:12
Lithunwrap has now been upgraded to a program called "Ultimate unwrap 3D" it cost about $50 U.S dollars if I'm not mistaken, But lithunwrap is an awesome free uv mapper.
I NEED A UV MAPPER !!!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 10:48
thanks for the help guys i have lithunwrap but i cant figure it out i no how to go into uv mapping but i don't know how to change the colour

falcon
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 10:54
And UV Mapper Classic, you just gotta know how to get the best out of it. Avenging eagle's texturing tutorial shows you most of the tricks.

If Only you were Me, the you'd understand.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 12:31
Quote: "it can drop to -10 Degress Celsius"

lol, no different that scotland!

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 01:01
Umm have you ever watched the weather reports over here, it's always either heavy rain or snow.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 01:21
Ha, I live in Canada, it's gotten -30 celsius and colder.
Quote: "-10 Degress Celsius"

On topic: I will do your object textures, 3 free ones, and $2 per model after that. email me at davybear@hotmail.com

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 01:23
Don't be evil to Dave

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
His name is the Thread.

Want a Storyline for your game? Email me at Deathead@fsmail.net
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 02:51
Vocronan what town you living in, in Wales?
Got a fair few friends from south wales.

I NEED A UV MAPPER !!!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 11:02
lol u talkin' bout weather

im making a website so this will be a link

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:30:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:30:28