Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Escape from Alendar

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 08:10 Edited at: 4th Sep 2007 01:52
Escape from Alendar

DEMO ATTACHED TO POST

Intro

Escape from Alendar is (hopefully) my entry to the text adventure compo, assuming I can get it done in time, or done at all. I've been working on it as a "side project" to Pirates of Port Royale for a while, even before the text adventure was announced, just as a nice relief to the difficulty of creating a 3D RPG. So now to the actual game.

Description

Escape from Alendar begins (for now, at least, story is a WIP) when you are on your way to work at the office, and you have a car accident, knocking you out. You wake up in a mysterious and juxtaposed jail cell of medieval times and modern details, such as a tile like floor and a mysterious glowing light. The game will carry the usual freedom that all of my games do (ie PoPR), but will be much more story driven, and more confined in the fact that, well, you have to first figure out how to get out of the cell itself. Much of the basic engine is done (picking up/dropping objects, movement, object interaction, talking, time, NPC's), it's just filling those engines with stuff that will take time.

The game is not based around choosing from a list of actions, but actually typing which action you want to do for yourself. The numbered list you see is only for dialogue, where you normally will have 3 options to say. The rest are more like a MUD if you've ever played it, where you would say "north" (or "n") to go north, say "pick up key" to pick up a key, "sit chair" to sit on a chair. So it's based around you actually typing what you want to do. To make it easier I'm planning a help thing, as well as alternative ways to say stuff, like instead of "sit chair", you could also say "sit on chair", because we all think of different ways to say what we want to do.

The time is real time. The game, like I said, isn't based on going through a series of "choose your own adventure"-like list options. It's based on what you actually do. So for that screenshot, I had previously typed "sit chair", and it said, "You sat on a chair", then I had said, "north", and it told me the cell door was locked. Then the time-triggered dialogue of someone in the cell next to mine appeared, at which time I had options to respond. So technically you could just sit there and leave the game idle for days (in-game), because the clock is constantly running. The ratio is 1 minute:1 second, so 1 hour:1 minute, and 24 hours:24 minutes, at least for now, that may change. There is also a "sleep" command, which makes time pass 10x faster, you just can't do any actions (hence sleeping).

The map just shows the rooms around you for better orientation. "I" stands for an interior, "E" for exterior, "*" for your player. In the shot above you can see that the only exit is to the north, while view in all other directions is obscured. It just reinforces the description of the room, or vise-versa.

So, enough explanation, here is a screenshot, only one, because of the nature of text adventures, there's not a lot to show . Actually in this shot there is a lot more going on than may first appear. I personally like the interface so far, it's simple yet easy to read in my opinion. Description is in green, interactive objects in blue, dialogue responses in brown, time in orange, old "alerts" (or whatever you want to call them), in white, and the new one in red. Tell me what you think.

Hope you like it, and please comment .

I've attached a demo of the first room. Type help in the game to get started.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 17:54
Looks quite nice. Does the player just have to insert this numbers of the list to interact with the game? Or is it also possible to find "hidden" commands or so?
Apart from that, could you tell us more about this time-system? Is it realtime, so that the game goes on, even if the player doesn't do anything, or does the time "wait" for the player to do something?
And the last point is this map at the top. Does it show a sketch of the world around you for besser orientation, or does it have a more advanced sense?

Sorry, not really constructive criticism, just questions...

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 18:47 Edited at: 18th Aug 2007 18:50
Thanks . Great, thanks for the questions, I'll be glad to answer.
Quote: "Does the player just have to insert this numbers of the list to interact with the game?"

No, the numbered list you see is only for dialogue, where you normally will have 3 options to say. The rest are more like a MUD if you've ever played it, where you would say "north" (or "n") to go north, say "pick up key" to pick up a key, "sit chair" to sit on a chair. So it's based around you actually typing what you want to do. To make it easier I'm planning a help thing, as well as alternative ways to say stuff, like instead of "sit chair", you could also say "sit on chair", because we all think of different ways to say what we want to do.

Quote: "Apart from that, could you tell us more about this time-system? Is it realtime, so that the game goes on, even if the player doesn't do anything, or does the time "wait" for the player to do something?"

Yes, the time is real time. The game, like I said, isn't based on going through a series of "choose your own adventure"-like list options. It's based on what you actually do. So for that screenshot, I had previously typed "sit chair", and it said, "You sat on a chair", then I had said, "north", and it told me the cell door was locked. Then the time-triggered dialogue of someone in the cell next to mine appeared, at which time I had options to respond. So technically you could just sit there and leave the game idle for days (in-game), because the clock is constantly running. The ratio is 1 minute:1 second, so 1 hour:1 minute, and 24 hours:24 minutes, at least for now, that may change. There is also a "sleep" command, which makes time pass 10x faster, you just can't do any actions (hence sleeping).

Quote: "And the last point is this map at the top. Does it show a sketch of the world around you for besser orientation, or does it have a more advanced sense?"

The map just shows the rooms around you for better orientation. "I" stands for an interior, "E" for exterior, "*" for your player. In the shot above you can see that the only exit is to the north, while view in all other directions is obscured. It just reinforces the description of the room, or vise-versa.

I've edited my top post with my response to these questions. Please feel free to ask more or comment.

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 19:08
OK, sweet. I never played real text-adventures, but the system sound very promising.

Do you plan including (or already did) "action"-parts, like fights etc.? Or does the player just have to solve problems, find items or ways out of the level etc.?

And, of course... (when) will there be a demo?

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 22:31
Just one comment, besides that it looks awesome:

I think the map is not allowed in the TAC.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 08:43
Quote: "Do you plan including (or already did) "action"-parts, like fights etc.? Or does the player just have to solve problems, find items or ways out of the level etc.?"

Yeah, it will most likely have some form of fighting, but is mostly going to be using your brain to solve problems and find ways to do things .

Quote: "Just one comment, besides that it looks awesome:"

Thanks .

Quote: "I think the map is not allowed in the TAC."

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it would be allowed, but if not I'm either going to a) just include it anyways and not expect to win anything, or b) remove it easily to submit to be judged.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 12:08
Quote: "a) just include it anyways and not expect to win anything, or b) remove it easily to submit to be judged"
c) Make it an option, and the default will be off. Plus make it so you don't need the map to get further in the game (eg. don't have only the map show a secret exit below the stairs). By the sound of it Matt is pretty ok with a lot of things as long as it's an option that is off by default and doesn't affect gameplay when it's on.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Current fave quote : "She was like a candle in the wind.... unreliable...."
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 20:01
Quote: "c) Make it an option, and the default will be off. Plus make it so you don't need the map to get further in the game (eg. don't have only the map show a secret exit below the stairs). By the sound of it Matt is pretty ok with a lot of things as long as it's an option that is off by default and doesn't affect gameplay when it's on."

Yeah, I could do that too. And the map won't show secret ways right now, only visible ones .

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 02:14
Well, great! Just make an option to turn it off. This must be the entry I'm looking forward to the most. Forgive my excellent English, it's rather late.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 03:16
Quote: "Well, great! Just make an option to turn it off. This must be the entry I'm looking forward to the most. Forgive my excellent English, it's rather late."

Thanks , Wartorn is looking great too, can't wait to try the finished product . And actually your English is perfect, I would have assumed it was your first language if your location didn't say "Netherlands" .

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 03:40
Why thank you - I'm flattered.

Well, the point with Wartorn is that it's really my first complete DarkBASIC game. Awakening came a long way, Seadome is proof of concept that turned out great and I work happily along as writer and concept artist. Don't underestimate that role, lol, I had it all figured out when we started on it - but still you seem to forget so much.

But before I hyjack the topic - what I was trying to say is that EfA looks extremely advanced compared to Wartorn - and in my opinion, in a positive way - it looks great fun! As a writer-type of guy (I keep wondering why they call me a jack of all trades, I can do everything but nothing in a way I call exceptional) I can't miss the potential in such a story.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 03:54
Quote: "Well, the point with Wartorn is that it's really my first complete DarkBASIC game. Awakening came a long way, Seadome is proof of concept that turned out great and I work happily along as writer and concept artist. Don't underestimate that role, lol, I had it all figured out when we started on it - but still you seem to forget so much."

I definitely know what you mean about the concept artist thing, since I'm always my own designer for my games, and never realize I forgot some things until I get to them .

Quote: "But before I hyjack the topic - what I was trying to say is that EfA looks extremely advanced compared to Wartorn - and in my opinion, in a positive way - it looks great fun! As a writer-type of guy (I keep wondering why they call me a jack of all trades, I can do everything but nothing in a way I call exceptional) I can't miss the potential in such a story."

Thanks, but...what is EfA? I tried searching it but found nothing that made since

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 08:31 Edited at: 20th Aug 2007 08:32
Demo time!

It's not a lot, but just shows you the engine. You only get one room, but the one room should give you an idea of the detail and engines that are in the game. When you start it, type "help" to get started. I suggest reading all the help to get a full taste of what I have so far. It's in the help files, but since inevitably not everyone will read them, make sure you use the "look [object]" command to explore what's in the description. Almost every noun in the descriptions can be viewed in greater detail. Don't try to escape, it's impossible right now (even with the chisel in the room, thats just for you to test out object commands). Hope you like it and please comment on it .

Download attached.

Attachments

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 15:23
EfA?

Try taking a quick peek at the title of your own game .
Downloading demo.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 18:21
Quote: "Try taking a quick peek at the title of your own game ."

Lol, now I feel stupid . I haven't ever used that abbreviation before so it seemed strange.

Quote: "Downloading demo."

Great, let me know what you think .

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:24
I think the idea has potential. I couldn't do a lot, but it seems to work . Really cool to play if the story can keep up with the possibilities in the game.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:31 Edited at: 21st Aug 2007 03:32
Quote: "I think the idea has potential. I couldn't do a lot, but it seems to work . Really cool to play if the story can keep up with the possibilities in the game."

Thanks . Yeah, there's not a lot in the demo, just the basic engines. You should be able to do some simple interactions with objects (sit, lay, pick up, throw, look), look at the details of your cell more closely, respond to the NPC twice, and have it tell you you can't move in any of the directions .

By the way, mind if I add you to IM? Mine is gamedev06@aol.com, I use GAIM so I should be able to talk to you on MSN.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:35
Nope, I added you to my MSN - if you don't get my invite for that, mail me at the email (email button) and I'll mail you my MSN .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:45
Alright, I emailed you .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 06:21
So is anyone else going to try the demo?

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 10:52
Will do when work gets less hectic.

Quote: "make sure you use the "look [object]" command"
If I was you I would make Examine an alias of Look. Pretty much every text adventure I ever played used the command Examine with objects and Look (or L) to examine the location (also got variations here and there, normally similar to "Look at"). If you use an alias then you can use both or as many as you like really.

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 11:04
Ok, just had a go. As Rami said there isn't much to do, but it is a good start. Couple of points I would consider:-

1. Make the room title a different colour. And don't indent the first line. Just doesn't look quite right.
2. If the parser doesn't understand a command then say something. Perhaps something random to break up the "I do not understand" list
3. I would make a word wrap routine. You are getting the room info from a file (so am I for DarkMUD sort of, via an online database) but if I modify the text then it doesn't word wrap nicely. Once you get it sorted it then will be easier in the long run
4. While the room info is outside the exe I can't see where the time data comes from (person asking you a question). Also can't see the file created automatically when the exe is run (included media for a project) so I assume is hardcoded into the program. I would look to make that into a data file

Really love the use of time though. Very rarely saw that in a text adventure and I can't even think of an example off the top of my head. If you can make that work nicely especially if you can wrap it up with some clever puzzles (eg. take the parchment to meet the professor under the tree at 12am to get more info) then potentially could be really good.

So good start, looking forward to more.

Cheers

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 16:54
I tried it yesterday, very nice. It's kind of.. atmospheric. ^^
The sit-command just seems a bit buggy, always I typed it the action-history told me in each line, that I sat down.

Maybe it's hard, but it would be great if you made it more interactive... like that characters can react on things you say, maybe like this ICQ-spambots, which search the messages for words like "virus" and respons something like "No, it's not a virus" (if they e.g. posted a link to the download of whatever). So that the player sais "Hey, could you please let me out" and the guardian reacts and sais "Shut up".. Bad example maybe, but I really hoped something like this happened when I was using the "say"-command...

So all in all good job, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 17:59
Quote: "If I was you I would make Examine an alias of Look. Pretty much every text adventure I ever played used the command Examine with objects and Look (or L) to examine the location (also got variations here and there, normally similar to "Look at"). If you use an alias then you can use both or as many as you like really."

Yeah, I actually thought of that yesterday and implemented it . I plan to have quite a few options to say things, because many people say things differently .

Quote: "1. Make the room title a different colour. And don't indent the first line. Just doesn't look quite right."

Ok, will do .

Quote: "2. If the parser doesn't understand a command then say something. Perhaps something random to break up the "I do not understand" list"

K, good idea.

Quote: "3. I would make a word wrap routine. You are getting the room info from a file (so am I for DarkMUD sort of, via an online database) but if I modify the text then it doesn't word wrap nicely. Once you get it sorted it then will be easier in the long run"

Yeah, I've been planning on doing that, just been to lazy to do it .

Quote: "4. While the room info is outside the exe I can't see where the time data comes from (person asking you a question). Also can't see the file created automatically when the exe is run (included media for a project) so I assume is hardcoded into the program. I would look to make that into a data file
"

Yes, it is hardcoded, but it might be better to do it more scripted.

Quote: "Really love the use of time though. Very rarely saw that in a text adventure and I can't even think of an example off the top of my head. If you can make that work nicely especially if you can wrap it up with some clever puzzles (eg. take the parchment to meet the professor under the tree at 12am to get more info) then potentially could be really good.
"

Thanks . Yeah, I plan to use time in ways with the gameplay like you mentioned.

Quote: "I tried it yesterday, very nice. It's kind of.. atmospheric. ^^"

Thanks .

Quote: "The sit-command just seems a bit buggy, always I typed it the action-history told me in each line, that I sat down.
"

Yeah, that's a known bug . If you just type "sit" it tells you like 8 times that you sat on the floor. If you put an object after it, it should work fine.

Quote: "Maybe it's hard, but it would be great if you made it more interactive... like that characters can react on things you say, maybe like this ICQ-spambots, which search the messages for words like "virus" and respons something like "No, it's not a virus" (if they e.g. posted a link to the download of whatever). So that the player sais "Hey, could you please let me out" and the guardian reacts and sais "Shut up".. Bad example maybe, but I really hoped something like this happened when I was using the "say"-command..."

I originally planned for something like that, but realized that it would be practically impossible within the time frame of the text adventure compo . Maybe afterwards I'll try something like that.

Thanks for trying it out. I know it doesn't have a lot of features in the demo, but it's just to get a reaction on the basic engines .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 07:35 Edited at: 31st Aug 2007 07:36
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've started school and a new job, so I don't have as much time now . Anyway, I've decided to post the introduction in the game here to see what you think and get some criticism and comments on it. Hope you like it, here it is:
Quote: "
They are getting closer. Four towering dark figures riding black horses chase you as you run barefoot through the hot desert, your feet sinking into the soft sand, your face dripping with perspiration. Small dunes rise up all around you, obscuring your vision past more than a couple hundred feet. Immense mountains in the distance taunt you with an unfounded hope of safety and shelter. Every step pains you, but you must keep running, to where, you do not know. Then as you come over another dune, a sprawling complex, like an ancient stone castle, begins to appear in the distance, surrounded by a beautiful oasis. You must reach it, but your pursuers are closing in; you won't make it in time, they are only a few yards behind you now. They form a line as they approach, resembling the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, the bringers of all things evil.

You cannot escape; there is nothing you can do as you hear the muffled hooves of the beasts beating rhythmically across the soft sand. The horsemen begin to slowly hum a deep, fateful tune in unison, resounding over the heavy breaths of the encroaching black horses. The tune grows louder and clearer, and you begin to fade, falling into darkness. The sound is penetrating, but almost soothing now. The beating hooves grow closer, resonating against your chest, like the foreboding pulsation of a deep drum. There is no hope of reaching the expansive complex in the distance, your future, your fate, your salvation. They have almost overrun you now; it is an overwhelming symphony of sounds, a perfect composition. Your fear is replaced by a strange tranquility, like everything is right, everything is harmonic. And all fades.

You awake slowly to the soft music emitted from your radio clock, sighing as you realize that it was just another one of your recurring dreams. The clock reads 6:30AM as you shift your tired eyes around your modest apartment, contemplating staying put for a few minutes longer. But today is the day. Today they reveal the new operation to you, codenamed “Operation Jurassic Park”. It’s to be your first real operation since you’ve been hired as a US Government agent. Remembering this, you gain the extra strength needed to pull yourself out of bed. You quickly make yourself presentable, before beginning your routine drive to the office.

What could the operation be?, you think as you approach the whitewashed stone building. It is apparently very secretive, very high level, because if you speak of it, you will die. As you cross the last intersection, without warning, everything seems to explode around you, and as if in slow motion you see your small car seemingly cave in on you, the deadly shards of glass from the windows projected towards you, stinging your skin like a thousand little needles, your head slamming against the unforgiving frame of the door. Suddenly you are upside down. The sounds of screeching metal, breaking glass, like a rain of crystals, and your broken horn now emitting a continuous blaring sound all begin to slowly diminish, fading into silence, as your vision is covered by blackness and all is gone.
"

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 18:58
Whoa. Confusing. At first I thought medieval style, then it sounds more Dan Brown timeframe. I like

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 00:36
Quote: "Whoa. Confusing."

Heh, good, that's kind of what I was going for, at least with the dream and the car accident. The dream because, well, dreams are confusing and don't make sense usually, and then the car accident to convey the chaos of the moment. And the dream does have relevance to the story, even though it is just a dream . Anyway, glad you like it. Anyone else? Comments or criticism?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 08:26 Edited at: 1st Sep 2007 08:26
Okay, I've created a basic scripting engine for the dialogue following Dazzag's advice . It makes it a lot easier to add the tons of dialogue that will be in the game. It's almost like a choose your own adventure book for the dialogue, you get choices and then those choices exponential grow each time. For example, you get three choices, then three choices off of those three choices and then three choices off of those three choices . I'm going to have to keep it fairly simple and limited for the Text Adventure Compo, but I will try to get a lot still in. Here's a sample script and the guide to what everything means, in case anyone is curious. I've made it to where spaces don't matter and you can also put whatever you want before the first space before speech lines and reply lines to help better organize the script:

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 20:38
New demo! This one has a bit of the story and you will go through a few more rooms. Hopefully it will work okay. You have a minute before anyone says anything, so just interact and examine your cell . Press spacebar to speed up the intro if you want to. Please try and comment.

Attachments

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 23:53 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2007 23:57
Hey Gil,

Looks as an improvement. I already suspected he was in "Operation Jurassic Park" when he had the crash, and I liked the conversation. Wait, I'll retry and struggle this time.

It was annoying that the conversation with Jared ended in "i hear someone coming" and it took more than 30 seconds before he came...

By the way, I find it a total disappointment that there is no pizza in the cell. I tried everything, but even "Call pizzeria" didn't work.

Naah, kidding - of course. Looking good!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 23:59 Edited at: 4th Sep 2007 01:49
Quote: "Looks as an improvement. I already suspected he was in "Operation Jurassic Park" when he had the crash, and I liked the conversation. Wait, I'll retry and struggle this time."

Thanks . Tell me if you come across any problems with the conversation, I don't think I've tried all paths yet (there are 25 dialogues for the conversation with Daryl, and 20 for the other one).

Sorry, just saw this, you edited while I posted .
Quote: "It was annoying that the conversation with Jared ended in "i hear someone coming" and it took more than 30 seconds before he came..."

Yeah, I'll take that out .

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 00:03
Escape from Allan Darr?
This looks promising, it's a shame that non-programmers wont appreciate this
Ooh just spotted the demo, gonna try it out
You should put all your updates in the original post

In programming, nothing exists
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 01:50
Quote: "Escape from Allan Darr?
This looks promising, it's a shame that non-programmers wont appreciate this
Ooh just spotted the demo, gonna try it out
You should put all your updates in the original post
"

K, cool, please tell me what you think . I'll attach the second demo to the first post now.

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 19:44
How do I extract a rar file?

In programming, nothing exists
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 02:12
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 01:34 Edited at: 6th Sep 2007 01:34
No one else is going to play the demo?

Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 04:12
Gil Galvanti Ive got s little question, and maybe you have stated it or not.

What exactly are you hoping to achieve of developing this game as a programmer and what you you hope your 'gamers' get out of playing this game.

Its interesting that you took this approach for your gameplay so I m just curious.

Mico
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 04:29
Quote: "What exactly are you hoping to achieve of developing this game as a programmer and what you you hope your 'gamers' get out of playing this game."

Interesting question, more philosophical than most, but I'll try my best to answer . As a programmer I'm not specifically trying to achieve anything, I already know almost all points of programming, so I'm not necessarily trying to learn something new. I started the project as a relief from all the hassles of coding 3D games, because text is much easier, and I liked the idea and it could work as a text game. That's from a technical standpoint. From a gameplay standpoint I'm trying to create a system that is user-friendly and fun to play, while being detailed and open at the same time. I hope players will find an interesting story and world, and have fun just doing all the things that you can do in it, as well as making various choices they are presented with, while not having to spend 30 minutes learning how to do everything . Hope that answers your questions, if not please explain and feel free to ask more, I enjoy answering questions, if you can't tell .

Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 06:07
Ah well I understand now. I just wanted to understand the direction you are taking this.

I dont know if you have played japanese text games. Which are similar, but they have images for different scenes, I just thougth of wanting to suggest. But figured maybe that it was something you would not want to look into to maintain your classical text game.

But just thought Ill suggest a different type of text game that is quite popular.

Mico
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 06:29
Quote: "Ah well I understand now. I just wanted to understand the direction you are taking this.

I dont know if you have played japanese text games. Which are similar, but they have images for different scenes, I just thougth of wanting to suggest. But figured maybe that it was something you would not want to look into to maintain your classical text game.

But just thought Ill suggest a different type of text game that is quite popular."

Well that might be a possibility if the text adventure allowed pictures . I may add in the option of a small scene of the room afterwards though.

Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 07:20
Haha you are right text adventures is text adventures. Just bringing up an option for consideration.

But if its pure text then pure it is!

Keep up good work. Look forward to see a new demo.

Mico

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:38:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:38:35