Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Open Source - 3D RPG Project ---DT fork

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 18:36 Edited at: 19th Aug 2007 13:38
I have a career now in other computer fields and finding it very hard to complete A large scale Role Playing Game project, and keep it going.

I have decided to make this an open source project.
Even if you get one idea from this, it feels good to give all i learnt back from this community, not saying im the best by far, but it feels good to share stuff again and not feel so precious with it.

If this style of game is what your looking for, create a new name for your copy and change what you want, provided you do not use my media within this project for commercial gains whatsoever.
I retain copyright to the media, however I allow it for use in this open source demo.

I know its not an m m o r p g but its a good engine so far, thats very expandable, virtually pure Typed Arrays. Its also not super realistic, but thats not required for all game genres.

An Open Source Fork of your own code and media of this project is welcome, however it must stay perm. open source and accessible to this forum, as well as acknowledge this open source demo project.

The original source remains copyright to me, but I give you permission to expand on it or chop n change it, provided you make reference to the starting point, hence this open source project.

If anyone wants to expand on this current version for the community, they can make changes and upload the source to this forum post.

The version in this post can be a community project if you want to learn this style of gaming.

In order to make a community project work, the majority who work on it have the most say on first team meeting.

Team meetings will be held every couple of weeks if anyone wants to work on this fork.

Source Download

Attached this file is the pure source without any media.
Download and extract

Media Download
You need to add the source code to this download as this one has the media folder as well as a compiled version of the source.
http://www.liandri.org/public/dt_de_t24_pub2007.rar

Naturally you have to make a DBpro file and save it the same folder as these.

Edit: I will upload the other components that are not complete yet and name them accordingly for each part.

the music is copyright to beckett, but i cant seem to contact him for ages.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 18:12
I'll read through the code and see what the basic jist is but the media has a password protection so sadly I can't see what you've actually done thus far.

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 01:02
This is cool stuff. I'll learn a lot from looking over the source. Thanks for the generous contribution.

OH, and the passwords probably 'frawd'.

downloading now

Current Project: Blastwave Saga
Completion: 33% (give or take a percentage)
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:39
yep sorry the password for the media is frawd.
I will post more snippets later.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:31:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:31:15