Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Question about creating media for FPSC

Author
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 02:05
I have seen lately that there was a big issue about stealing media and I guess reselling it. I read one particular part that has me confused. My question is about textures, there are so many ways to obtain textures online, If I take a texture and create a segment with it or apply it to a model I create, am I not allowed to sell the segment or model since I used a texture that I didn't create? I know to look for licenses when down loading textures but what if it was lets say a photo from a google search, or a picture from a catalog. I really need to know this before I start spending too much time making media I'm not allowed to sell.
Thank you
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the main probelm people have is with copyrights, but there is many websites that provide generic images such as cement/bricks/metals for free that are usable in custom media.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 03:25 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 03:26
Quote: "I know to look for licenses when down loading textures but what if it was lets say a photo from a google search, or a picture from a catalog. I really need to know this before I start spending too much time making media I'm not allowed to sell."

you've answered your own question. If you know to look for licences, then you know that if a licence says,
Quote: "you may use this in any media form for commercial or non commercial "

you can use the media

if it doesn't say you can use it for commercial, you MUST get permission from the creator before selling.

simple as that.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 18:21
Free photo resources might grant you permission if you ask nicely. I asked at a photo resource-site if I could use their photos for textures, and it was no prob at all. So, if you're unsure; asking doesn't hurt.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:14:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:14:49