Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Dead Before Dawn(WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 12:35
I'm working on about my fifth FPSC game. This one is the one that is not going to be just for me and my friends.

Here it goes. Hope everyone likes.

DEAD BEFORE DAWN

Story.
Dawn breaks one day in the late 1990's. Josh (you) are a young solider that is being discharged for medical reasons. You have one final mission, thought to an easy in-out mission you are sent to a small town to investigate a disturbance reported. If you go in and find nothing they will not send the troops, but if you report back the need for help it will be sent. But not for a few days. The city's military vehicle's are in the shop for desert conversions to go to Iraq. Will you need there help. (WIP)

The story is still fresh, and this is one of the only way I could get it out. I'm a novelist and this one just wouldn't work on paper. Let's see if makes good in a video game.

Here are some screenys first before lighting, then after.

now without.

What do you guys think so far?

Near Death Games (NDG)
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 15:31
Re-edit all the lightings.
Also i would go for static lightings.

And also try to make some rooms smaller.
Or put more entities in it.

You have to fill it a bit up.
So you dont see to many open spots.
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 17:15
Hey i am a novelist too
Well i got some tips for you too.
1. Cheese cake is right you need some lights and more objects and not any open spaces.
2. What more important is to make your own textures and use a small bit of the original.
3. What more you need is to make a story for the room so it does not look "unattractive" and "untelling".
4. My idea is that you first shall write down on paper what each room should be of dynamic effect and please do not write something like a word list.
5. If you dont want to do that you could design on a piece of paper how your level should turn out.
6. The more realistic light level the more a realistic game you get.
7. IMPORTANT make a relistic story to a horror game even though some horror movies was made without a script horror games does not have the same oppourtunity.

If you feel anything from my tips where offentic i do apoligise.
If you need any help please email me at: lpdentertainment@hotmail.com

best regards

the fps gamer

visit [url/]http://paralyzegames.googlepages.com/[url]
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
Most of it or not all of it is stock media

Slipknot Rules

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 21:22:10
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 21:22:10