Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Newbie frustrations.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 20:18 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 20:37
I am getting frustrated with trying to learn DarkGDK functions with no real tutorials, I can't even get a simple cube to display, all I get is a blank window, why?

After tinkering with that and reading some example code I came up with this and thought it should work:

Again it doesn't display anything but a blank window...

- Scarface
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 20:39
I think your missing that ... hang on.... Nope... Try turning autocam on, you're not far off bro. Relax.

I would of gave you some gfx source but I currently have all this text junk in my DarkGDK folder as I'm in the middle of writing "tools" to use in games etc... Still using DarkBasic myself for Gfx only because I'm having fun with a project there.. but GDK does work. Some bugs ehre and there I guess. .but you should be able to get a cube - try googling for some examples and download samples of source.

Give it a minute. DarkGDK is pretty cool. I wish my current game project was started with it!

Scarface
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 20:47 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 20:56
Sweet!! I got it to work thanks to a tutorial posted by another person in my other thread

Now I can get down to business

The working code is

- Scarface
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 20:56
I'm not at a machine I can test on right now - but can you at least get the "window" and write text to the screen? like the hello world example (I found in a thread here somewhere when I was starting.. tips for newbies or something)
Setting up Visual Studio Express - yeah that one.

I know you're frustrated and I don't have a quick answer but your code looks right on - if you can get other stuff working - like text - at least in theory its configured (mostly) right.

one sec...

suggestion - Sparky Dll works with DarkGDK now (separate sparky download but there IS a DarkGDK version.)

It comes with some samples written in C++ I think. Perhaps you should see a working "something" that someone else did and then if that works - figure out what you're missing (Though I don't think you are missing anything off the cuff but I'm not using GDK much to say with authority)

Scarface
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the suggestions Jasan, I edited my last post as you posted this reply, I got it working

- Scarface
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 21:06
WOO HOO!!!!

Now - DarkPhysics doesn't work with DarkGDK yet, nor most of the other plugins (in case you weren't aware) but again - good ol Paul (Sparky) made a version of his DLL compatible with DarkGDK! Woo Hoo!

Personally - to date - that's all I need. Though this lib name rotorcraft has my attention... but I'm not in a hurry...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:24:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:24:10