Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Dark Basic Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 12:25 Edited at: 6th Jun 2003 12:26
I'm getting DBPro v.soon!
Should have it running either Monday or Tuesday. Could someone tell me what differences there are between DBC and DBP?

"He will join us, or die my Master..." - Darth Vader
Teh Missingz0rs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 12:28
Heres one difference to start you off: One ends with "Pro" and one ends with "classic"

Your damaged cells are replaced by the mitosis of others. But sometimes when they split they change a little... until there are too many mistakes and you die.

- Edd Biddulph
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 13:00
DBPro is DBC's big brother...

* it makes use of more DX features
* is faster
* supports more data types
* supports boned animation
* has lovely memory block features that let you hack your models and images for effects like mesh deforming
* has an awesome IDE by GuyS (RGT/DarkEdit fame)
* has sphere mapping and other effects that are incredibly easy to use

Yep, DBPro is a far cry from DB, this little list is only scraping the surface.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 22:35
* TPC Plugins - Users can write plugins for DBP and you can use them just like DBP commands.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
DarkSith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 12:39
Engo - Ha ha(!) very funny. Hmm, should be interesting then.

"He will join us, or die my Master..." - Darth Vader
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 12:54
Quote: "Heres one difference to start you off: One ends with "Pro" and one ends with "classic""

that would probably be even more funny if the names weren't
DarkBASIC - DarkBASIC Enhanced - DarkBASIC Professional

it's stupid referring to both Standard & Enhanced as Classic as there as big a difference between them as there is between Enhanced & Professional.
The most major difference you'll notice is probably speed as it has changed from an Interpreter language (like Java) to a Compiler language (like C++) ... the inclusion of stuff like new Operators & Memory Operations as well as the Type Structures make it alot ore versitile to use off the bat, and the TPF DLL Functions are a nice touch as they're compiled at runtime to speed up thier interaction - but essentially the actual differences between the languages are minimal

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 12:55
patch5 also should have new csg commands that will allow you to modify 3d models by welding them as one or remove a 3d model from another.

just to name another powerfull goodie

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:45:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:45:39