Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / another question about 3d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have a few 3d models that i have created. how do i go about inserting them in dbpro that i can see how the program interperets my files?

question two: i use shade and poser for my 3d modeling. i was told in a previous post that i should convert them to the .x file format. which program spits out the .x file formant and which program would you guys suggest?
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Q1: The LOAD OBJECT command can load any 3D model in the format of .X, .3DS, .MDL, .MD2 or .MD3.

Q2: Almost any modelling program should be able to export to the .X format, but first you have to import the model, so it depends on what format the model is currently in. I'd reccomend Milkshape 3D, but it might not import the format the model is currently in.

Good luck.

[center]
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 14:11
Poser models have far too many polys for a real-time environment. Your models should be in the hundreds, or at most the low-thousands for poly count.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:16:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:16:51