Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Thing that you would like to see in X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 16:44
You're out of luck there.

DirectX 10 is the main reason people get Vista, if they were to put it into XP, no one would buy the new OS.

Las estrellas arriba

"See, guns don't kill people, people kill people, guns defend people against people with smaller guns"
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 18:05
lol you have to get vista, sorry

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 02:31
See it from the bright side, the X9 version doesn't have the cool graphics ect. But in later updates, at least the X10 features will be compatible with X9(Most of them, of what i've heard)

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 04:05
I happen to have a few ideas...

1. When you look dow you see your legs, and they can cause ripples in water, like in Halo 3

2. Blowing off body parts, like in FEAR, Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War, FEAR Exraction Point, and Timeshift.

3. Okay, this may sound way to advanced, but with some insane scripting skils it is possible; when you are near something you can go into cover with, you click a button, like C for cover, and you slide into the wall, going into 3rd person view, like in Rainbow Six: Vegas

4.Maybe Something like WoW character viewier, or Forge, so you can click and make people move, and control the camera in game, making cutscenes much easier to do.

5. Vehicles, such as the Humve, and when you go near it, press e, or enter to go inside and drive it.

6. Turrets, go near it and press e or enter to use it

7. Something like a "Slow-mo" mode like in fear, so you can easily survive complex battls, all this would make for some seriously intense battles.

I know that most of these are increasly hard to script, as I have tried myself, failing at every attempt lol. But I beleive that Lee and other hard-core coders would have a better chance at all this..

If you wish to help me on my upcoming game, then you may send me an e-mail at vincentcody@hotmail.com, you will be responded to in less than 3 days...
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 05:31
Halo spree: I see where you get your name, from all your Halo request sprees First off, vehicles are not going to happen, turrets are already listed, the legs thing is cool but it would cause a lot of trouble for games with a different genre then the default ones, the ripple effect is already implemented, blowing off body parts is cool, but as hitboxes are not added yet so that would be impossible, hitboxes are already requested, The cover thing MAY be able to be scripted but I doubt it, this isn't the crytek engine, 4 this has been asked for before and it isn't going to happen unfortunately, Slow mo is not possible to script,
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Endless Fps Team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 07:07
How bout hands to pick up items?
That'd be better then picking up items with out hands..

http://endlessfpsteam.tripod.com/
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 11:23
Quote: "(7) Multiple win-zones, allowing us to have more open ended game-play, if each win-zone could send you to a different level, allowing you to backtrack through levels and giving the player a choice of which path to take. For this to work truly effectively though, you would also need multiple start markers, so that players would be able to re enter a level from different locations, depending on what level and win-zone they used to get there. To backtrack to the previous level through the entrance to your current level would look terrible if you ended up coming out at the beginning of the previous level, instead of at whichever exit you used."

I actually brought this up in the early days ( like when fpsc first came out...Long long time ago ). This feature would be kickin'.

Straight outta compton
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 00:22
Multiple winzones would be "kickin" indeed, but I doubt it. Endless FPS Team, many games don't have that feature, because imagine the work necessary for it to look good.

EOT
[img][/img]
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 03:07
Ok Slayer222 thanks for the update, i was thinking,, couldn't we script a better way of "peeking", because when you press e, or q, you dont really feel like your peeking, ,try, and youll see wat i mean, look a FEAR, when you press e or q, you actually see your arms moving to different places on the screen, giving you an idea that you are actually peeking. also, u are saying you cant script slowmo, if someone could find a way to "slow" down the FPS, creating a feeling of slowmo, but it would also have to activate A HUD which creates a sort of "Slow-Mo" Effect.

If you wish to help me on my upcoming game, then you can go to our website; www.freewebs.com/callofreedom or you may send me an e-mail at vincentcody@hotmail.com
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 03:10
Ok Slayer222 thanks for the update, i was thinking,, couldn\'t we script a better way of \"peeking\", because when you press e, or q, you dont really feel like your peeking, ,try, and youll see wat i mean, look a FEAR, when you press e or q, you actually see your arms moving to different places on the screen, giving you an idea that you are actually peeking. also, u are saying you cant script slowmo, if someone could find a way to \"slow\" down the FPS, creating a feeling of slowmo, but it would also have to activate A HUD which creates a sort of \"Slow-Mo\" Effect.

If you wish to help me on my upcoming game, then you can go to our website; www.freewebs.com/callofreedom or you may send me an e-mail at vincentcody@hotmail.com
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 03:17
sry about the double post guys, my computer is sufferin from some lag... even though its a wireless N connection...

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 04:27
Yah, I know what you mean, but in FPSC you are supposed to be sidestepping more than leaning because in reality leaning like that is very weird, much less firing a gun like that. FPSC is more realistic yet it is kinda cheap how enemies don't do anything if you shoot them when peeking out from behind a wall. Again, FPSC is not a professional engine, to do a proper slow-mo you would need to open up the source code, or find a new program Lot's of things that seem simple when talking about them, are really hard to program into the source code. However there has been vehicles made in FPSC, yes you heard me right, there was one, but it is only really good for a VERY simple sci-fi flying vehicle.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
loading and unloading segments
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 13:41
Okay, a more realistic Idea i have for X10, i dont no if this has been already suggested, or is included, but making the FPSC engine not load all segments,and entities might be useful... Because this is limiting the amount of entities i can put in a level, even with my 4gigs of ram, and Dual Core, 8800GTS so you must see their is a problem

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 22:53
I think V1.07 covers all those problems, if not try and explain more please.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 14:11
I have moved to v1.07 long ago. What is strange is that this lag is only present, in the first level ofmy game, but it has the least amount of Entities, probably around 150-200 present, and most of them are static... so my first idea i will try is scrape the level and start from scratch, or just throw it in the bin... And make the second level the first, just requires a little change of story...

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know what the max ammount of poly's and entities we can have in x10 on a moderatly good pc(that of course supports it)
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 17:39
It's probably really high, maybe 100,000?

EOT
[img][/img]
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 14:15
Being able to make cheats for ur game would rule

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 17:37
You can already do that but ok.

EOT
[img][/img]
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 17:44
really awsome

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 21:50
Try pressing "I" in-game

EOT
[img][/img]
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 09:37
recoil for guns would be cool

halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 15:17
That Aleardy exists Fuzz, when you add a weapong in the game for your char. to pick up, just right click on the weapon, and reduce Accuracy to whatever you want it to be.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 17:44
That's accuracy. I will add it if it isn't already there.

EOT
[img][/img]
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 14:16
I think you should be able to swap weapons for example if you could only hold 2 weapons if you were close enough to a different weapon it would say ( press enter to swap weapon )

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 17:36
Yeah, that's to halo is, maybe a field that sets a weapon number. That way pistols could be set to 1 and maybe a second or even third one. Then you could have 2 main weapons and a few grenades. Halos system is flawed, you could hold a lot more than 2 small weapons. Good idea though.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 02:22
I have an idea, what about a free roam game, like Everquest, or ES4 Oblivion.

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 02:37
*sighs loudly*

EOT
[img][/img]
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 13:44
Already Mensioned!!!

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 6th Nov 2007 03:38 Edited at: 6th Nov 2007 03:38
Not to burst anyones bubbles, sadly i don't think these ideas will come true and will just be dreams until at least July next year. But who knows its just a guess. We could still hope

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 16:33
Duh, of course they won't. But still, we are just putting together ideas

EOT
[img][/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:11:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:11:31