Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] please help the newbie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
in my journey to master dbpro i have come across another hinderance that is impeding my progress.

i am using a basic model veiwer to view my 3d works. here is the code that i am using:

[/code]sync on : sync rate 30

load object "el camino.3ds",1
set object speed 1,100 `default object speed is 100. change it if you want it to run slower

modsize# = object size (1) `get the model's size
maxframes = total object frames(1) `get the total number of animation frames in the model

rem set the camera up based on model size
position camera 0.0,(modsize#*2.0),modsize#*(-4.0)
point camera 0.0,(modsize#/2.0),0.0

do

loop object 1,1,maxframes

rem control camera zoom and model rotation
if leftkey() then yrotate object 1,object angle y(1)-1.0 `rotate model left
if rightkey() then yrotate object 1,object angle y(1)+1.0 `rotate model right
if upkey() then move camera 0.1 `move camera forward
if downkey() then move camera -0.1 `move camera backward

rem show some data
set cursor 0,0
print "current object animation speed: ",int(object speed(1)) `added INT to make it an integer - just prettier that way.
print "current animation frame: ",object frame(1)
sync
loop
[code]

this is the problem that i am running into. when i put in the respective file and execute, nothing shows up! the 3d model itself is originally drawn in autocad and is exported in the .dxf file format. the software that i am importing it to is called blender. it spits 3ds, .x, .md2, and md3 file formats. to investigate the software for yourselves, go to www.blender.org.
next, i am saving the 3d files in the same folder that the code is saved in so that the compiler don't have to look to far. what in God's name am i doing wrong?!?

lastly, i am forwording the respective file that i am experimenting with. now mind you, it is a WIP so no comments from the peanut gallery!

you guys are extremely helpfull and in my book, i think you are all the best.

any assistance is appreciated

p.s. i have the file saved in the native milkshape file format as well.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:06:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:06:29