Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / online HaCk game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 21:49
INTO
The game idea came to me a long time ago. The game is based in side a computer and the idea is to hack the other computers, that is the basic concept. It is a multiplayer game that allows up to 50 players to play at anyone time, when you first start there is only 1 server or computer seen this is the login server before you are able to see anyone else who is playing you must hack into this server and download the connections log file. Once you have this log files you can do one of many things used it to block other players from remotely hacking you with your firewall commands or use the list to hack into other game players.

If you are able to hack into them using the commands that are available to you are also able to do lots of different things install virus or bots that could later help you hack into other computers you could also steal money or files off there computer. Once this persons computer is hit with the right virus or you delete some of the important system files they lose and the next time they come to play there score is on 0 and they have to start from the start.

This is just a basic understanding of game play there are lots of different commands that will allow you to do lots of different things and different ways to hack and protect your self from being hacked.

The game have no external media and the whole game is being made from code this is many because i am a programer and the main thing that has stop all of my other projects is the media and not being able to get any, so this time i made up my mind i would do a project i wanted to do a long time ago but this time make it no media. It may not look as good but it is the game play i am working on and not the look as long as it is easy to play it will good fun.

CURRENTLY
So far in the game i have been working on the server and client packets and other things that they need to send so i will not bore you by going into that stuff but here is a few screen shots of the client main menu and what the game will be played from a sort of command promp box with other infomation around it.

In game look

Main menu

ToDo
Basic commands
Hardware (upgrade)
Hacking commands
Firewall commands
Scoreing and money
File system
Virus, bot and other exploits
Wireless hacking from a laptop
Chat commands
Download, upload files from computers/servers
Ports (open and closeing)
Trace commands
Money stealing

Please let me know what you think and any ideas that you may have for the game thanks.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Why would you hack? I don't think that I'd play it.

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 22:03 Edited at: 4th Sep 2007 22:05
basicly you pretend to hack other computers, there are commands like hack and it then has a timer and the other person can stop the attack and do lots of diffrent things to stop it the idea is to get a high score make money and not to get hacked. there are a few games out there a lot like this just none of them are online muitplayer games which is what makes this diffrent. it takes skill to beable to hack the computers from people who would know what they are doing and because of the game it is a sort of puzzle as well trying to find somthing someone forgot so that you can get points from hacking someone that was bascily unhackable because of the how the game works there will always be somthing or someway to get into there computer

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 23:10
Hmm, this seems to be a lot like the game Uplink, or at least the same idea. And on paper, hacking seems really awesome. Make sure you make it so, or else it will be very boring typing out commands and looking at files. At that point, you're just as well calling it Super Secretary World.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with this.

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 00:03
yep i will do it will be made so that it is easy and simple to rember and write the commands. i am also going to make it harder to stop being hacked and have like custom messages and rnd stuff like that jsut to make it more fun to play and make it so once u hacked one person u want to come back and hack someone else make it like adictive to play. there will also be hidden commands, also if you get a good score or hack so many people u will get a password and this will allow you to type it into another system and get new virus and stuff like that to help you along the way.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome

We all want to be awesome, but does awesome want to be us?
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 01:20
Just keep it prompt-based. A hacking game with spinning cubes and matrix effects is just plain stupid. I like the idea . If you do it good, it might become very fun to play.

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 09:01
thanks for all of your comments and i am going to keep it all prompt based but i need to make sure that the commands are simle to use or people will forget them and that is what makes games unfun when you dont have a clue what you are doing

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 15:30
Or you just add a prompt: "/?" or "/help"

Don't oversimplify it, a hack shouldn't be easy...

Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 17:05
@warship45: If you haven't tried out the game Uplink yet, then you should. I'm quite certain it would work as inspiration for this project.
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 21:14
kk i will check it out tonight thanks

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 00:14
just had a go and it was not to bad but my game is going to be a lot more prompt based with less garphics and stuff jsut to keep it simple.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 21:06 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 21:06
its looks like "playing with your own money" game..
or in other works, if u are good, then your computer will live! if not....

funny idea.. but i like it.. good job

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:34:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:34:52