Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Starcraft - The Infinant War (3PS)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 20:59
Learn proper english what the why everyone friggin person say that, atleast i space between words u crzy people. That wasin proper english so if i become a team member u have more boards maybe i'll consider. I really want to help in a way i love starcraft i have 3 different versions of the original, by starcraft pc, starcraft 64, and starcraft 64 rom i cant get enough of minerals and ghosties lol. I'll consider helping tick dog.

Winner my a longshot!
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 21:21
Starcraft was good, they'll have a darn hard time even approaching the atmosphere from the game. I wish them good luck .

Your mod has been erased by a signature because it was larger than 600x120.
dj trickdog
Years of Service
User Offline
beast....lol i said proper grammar not proper english. There is a difference you know. And dude there is more boards i just said but you are to ignorant to even listen to what i just said.

@tha_rami
yep it is a challenge! we gonna try hard though!

btw: game camera might be over shoulder view as what your seeing in alot of newer games
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 19:20
What why am i ingnorant i might have wanted to help but why call a person ingnorant my last post wasnt stupid. I love starcraft and was so disappointed when starcraft ghost was canceled i had a day of mouning for it lol just joking. I just thought this idea of u guys was ingenious but if ur are going to say i am ingornant thats stupid im not. I also knew there was more than 1 board that was not even in my last post. And also i know there is difference between proper english/ grammar.

Winner my a longshot!
draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 18:15 Edited at: 19th Sep 2007 18:17
What, how am I ignorant? I wanted to help, but why would you call me ignorant when my last post wasn't stupid? I love Starcraft and I was really dissapointed when Starcraft Ghost was canceled. I even had a day of mourning for it. LOL, just joking. I thought your idea was really ingenious, but if you're going to call me ignorant, thats stupid, because I'm not. I also knew there was more than one board, that was not even in my last post. Also, I know there is a difference between proper english and grammar.

-But clearly you need to learn to use them. I was going to highlight mistakes but there were so many of them!

On topic: Good work trickdog, I'd love to see you expand it to get some of those ideas in there!
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 20:49
Casper, I hate to do this to you, but the correct spelling is disappointed, not dissapointed.

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 21:34
Damn, owned.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 22:12
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 22:34
draknir_ well arent u the funny guy today?? Yeah tickdog did do a way better job then u could do anyday!!!!!! And byahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Winner my a longshot!
game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Beast E Gargoyle
That's not very nice. Please behave more mature Beast E. Now before this gets any worse lets get back on subject.

We all want to be awesome, but does awesome want to be us?
draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 22:50
He acts like he's 12, so we might as well deal with him like that.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
But he will not mature up if you treat him like a kid. So do the oppisite and he'll do what you are doing being mature. They need to learn people.

dj trickdog
Years of Service
User Offline
o.O

lmao wow

ok stay on topic guys.

just to let you know (everyone) these are all positions available for SCTEW

Quote: "3d modeler
3dfx designer
Texture artist
level designers
1p story constructors
Multiplayer designers
2d artist
AI programmers
Music composers and directors
Sound composers
Alpha/Beta testers"
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 05:03
Okay im calling truce i wanted to help out from the start not cause strife but first time i posted it messed up and posted 3 times in a row i didnt know it was working my computer messed up. So being mature hey dj trickdog i could def help out in the Alpha/Beta testers" since i have a ton of experience with playing loads literally of video games and lots of experience with starcaft. Also on a side note hey everyone they are making a starcraft board game would that be fun im not sure it sounds cool?

Winner my a longshot!
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 05:15
Stories, 2D artist and testing are the only thing I'd be able to help out with, seeing I'm already working on several projects.

My storywriting can be checked out on Geek Culture - Wartorn first. I have indepth knowledge of the Starcraft universe and the main characters.

Finally, before I promise anything, I do want to see some more than a static image of a terran marine standing still on a terrain, and a model + uvmap of that same character.

chrome fire
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the idea but if you ever try to sell it go luck because starcraft is from blizzard type in google.
dj trickdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Beast E Gargoyle:
beta testers dont just play the game you know and give opinions. they test for glitches, security, improvements, etc. do you know how to use asm(assembely)? use ollydbg? or even a basic memory editor?

tha_rami:
i already posted UV map on first page and any other request please make at our forums.

chrome fire:
Quote: "starcraft is from blizzard type in google"

you think i dont know this already? ive played starcraft for 5 years.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2007 10:16 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2007 10:22
Okay, I'll retract my offer here. I'm sorry, but another project came up and since I ain't getting to see more stuff of this game before signing up, ánd my posts are being read half... Well, you get my point.

By the way, most beta testers don't use ASM, OllyDBG, Aida or whatever. It's prohibited to de-engineer most software. BETA testers playtest the game, report bugs and give feedback. At least, thats how it was in the 20-30 beta's I participated in...

Your attitude towards other people is dropping quickly. If you want to keep 'us' friendly, I'd say go act a bit more friendly too. Chrome Fire made a relevant comment, and even though it is obvious, it is relevant. You might've been a bit more friendly. Something like: "Yeah, I know that. I've been playing the game for 5 years " sounds far less attacking than what you did.

Your 'join the team' rules are quite withholding me from joining as well. I'll most certainly decide myself on which projects of yours I work in my spare time. Seeing how easy you admit members to the team, I also fear for quality control. But it's your project. I'm just recommending you to FIRST ask workexamples BEFORE you let someone join.

That's just me being politically correct.
Good luck.

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2007 12:15 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2007 12:22
@dj trickdog,

I don't mind both alpha testing at home in the early stages and then I can cloesd beta test with some of my work coleagues when we get to that point. I also have a wide knowledge of the starcraft universe(currently playing through broodwar now b4 starcraft 2 hits the shelves).

I have beta tested before on several projects including the old space merchant (current fan version,now called space merchant realms) and was also in Magic The Gathering Online beta testing(altough there were thousands of us in that so my input was quite small), I also alpha and beta test offline games for my brothers minature company (gargoyle games) but before you start looking you probably won't find them as there a hobby company and I think there website is currently down.

On a side note I also aplied for a job at jagex as a QA tester on Runescape, but was beaten to the post by a uni-graduate.

Can you please post some idea of where you are in the project, is it alpha playable yet? If not, what function does it have so far?

'Ooh 'eck chief'...'crumbs'
dj trickdog
Years of Service
User Offline
@tha_rami
the reason it most likely doesnt seem strong to you is because we are small right now. We even discussed that all team members wont be on a "scedual" until more people join. If you ever feel a need to join then you can post at our forums.

@Penfold and all
its not finished yet. right now it has a basic engine with just a peek of detail. like right now...you cant shoot but when you left click, it simulates "terrain destruction" by making a crater in the ground (testing for like siege tank attacks). the marine has standing/breathing animation, running, jumping, etc. The marine has a gun but with a regular 3ps view, you cant see it. Thats why we were thinking Over the Shoulder would be kinda nice too. We have a fully functioning heightmap made from scratch, very flexible. we have "Some" textures for the world such as dirt(we might change) , sand, forest, lava,and even a Flagstone looking texture. We have Zerg Creep Texture that looks Highly realistic, it makes you wanna throw up when you see it (gross and slimey). suposably , sioxernic (other leader) put a hud in the game but i have yet to see it because he has been away. I'm mostly the game director.

@Penfold (specificly)
you can be a beta tester but i think it might be a little too early even for alpha testings!
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 12:04
Okies fair enough, I'll wait untill you get a bit more done then. I'll check back regualarly.

I'd aim for a bit more coding if I were you just so people can have something to fiddle, look, play with then you might get a bit more credability and a bit more oomf to get the rest done.

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2007 04:11
Okay ur right dj trickdog i better not join i never used or did any of this they test for glitches, security, improvements, etc. do you know how to use asm(assembely)? use ollydbg? or even a basic memory editor? Well sorry in 2 years i could help this project next year go to college to program video games then on to professional coder job at major game company well i'll still give ya my support i love starcraft. good luck to all

Winner my a longshot!
game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2007 04:29 Edited at: 24th Sep 2007 04:29
@ Beast E Gargoyle
Maybe you could learn better grammar in college.

@ dj trickdog
Well I would join your team I really would like to but currently I have another project to work on. Maybe when I'm done I'll get in Touch.

Peace

We all want to be awesome, but does awesome want to be us?
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2007 18:01
Quote: "@ Beast E Gargoyle
Maybe you could learn better grammar in college.

@ dj trickdog
Well I would join your team I really would like to but currently I have another project to work on. Maybe when I'm done I'll get in Touch."

You could be in the same class as him, game lover. No interpunction except for a occasional stop, capitalized words...

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
dj trickdog
Years of Service
User Offline
expect an update soon guys! i might even upload for alpha testings
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 20:31
REALLY can't wait. the waiting for Starcraft2 to be released is doing my nut in..

dj trickdog
Years of Service
User Offline
cant wait for that either! >_<

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:22:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:22:46