Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Hi, I'm new to DarkGDK And i'm Looking for some Tips

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. Ime new to darkGDK And i have recently been assigned a small school project. Though the planned method of doing this is with Flash or another small application like that i have decided to do it using DarkGDK(With my teachers consent)

Can anybody give me any tutorials. Ime having a little scan through the forums but i am yet to find a gravity tutorial. I Will probably be looking for more later (;-0)

So can you please link.

Also i am not a very Skilled artist and i need a model for the "Main" Character (The rest i can do myself) Can anybody give me a link to a good repository for that kind of thing

Thanks in advanced

PS. Please avoid rude cracks like that i have experienced on other forums. And i am EXTREMELY Sorry if this is the wrong section. there just doesnt seem to be much on DarkGDK.
RPDan
Years of Service
User Offline
If you told us what the project is, we might be able to be more specific in my answers. At the moment, I suggest you look at some of the DBPro tutorials. Most of the commands are the same but with db as a perfix. If you haven't used C++ before I also suggest finding some tutorials on the internet for that.
Mmjack
Years of Service
User Offline
The project is the DIda 2006 Media project (Not expecting you to know what that is) I Have used C++ before
anyway project
The Official project is to create a small 2D Game (3 Levels ) in somthing like flash progresivly getting harder and at the end a small flash codebreaking thing where you enter a password
No programing tool is Officialy required to do this project. they even supply the flash codebreaking tool
My Idea of this project is to use DarkGDK TO create a small start screen(Already done) with a moving 3d background(Already done) Then on pressing start have the player enter into the world. (World models completed but untextured) Man ive done alot in a week fr a rubbish modeler/programer. anyway The player will then proceed around the world looking for hints at a puzzle (He we look in houses and mine shafts ect) On each level looking for 1 level of the clue. I Might possibly add traps if i can work out how (Some sort of Dart turret. falling rocks) i meen ive got almost 8 months for this project. but ime gohna start it early before GCSE WOrk overwealms me. Ok when you get to the last part of the game and if you have all the clues (There will only be 3 clues on the last level. these can be stored as ints correct? then it could just do if(BLAH == 1 && BLAH2 == 1 && BLAH3 == 1)
It will play a small cinimatic in which the player opens a door (God ime gohna have to get a pre-animated character from somwhere. ime practicly disabled on blender) And he sees a coffin which he proceeds to open. in the coffin there is a sword. then he hears banging on the door and turns around the door is shaking as if being beeten (I Can do that kind of animation) and it has a kind of TO Be COntinued exit.

I\'me shure it can be done. and ime shure i can do it. ANYWAY please give me links and i will be leaving credits (otherwise i could lose marks for not refrencing)

...Its a pity darkGDK Doesnt have a codebase or somthing. i always like staring at a syntax and working somthing out. gives me a sence of ideot achievement. Anyhows. thanks
Mmjack
Years of Service
User Offline
Some of the tips/Tutorials i am looking for are Gravity. Flash in DarkGDK Winforms for The C++ Version. God i am a noob. Anyways any help is apritiated. thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:29:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:29:24