Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't run any DGDK.NET Application

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 18:39
System.BadImageFormatException was unhandled
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'DGDKPlugins, Version=1.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I can't run any DGDK.NET Application or I get the error above.
Please help.
PostalCOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 19:56
Maybe you need the DarkGDK runtime installed on the target computer?

DGDK.NET runtime : http://www.apexnow.co.uk/dgdksetup.rar

Granted I just got DarkGDK.NET, I have seen a similar error on making other C# programs when I didn't have the proper version of .NET installed on the target computer.

I'm kinda pullin at straws, I'm sure one of the more experienced peeps would have some better advise. I hope it helps!

Requirements for life: Food-Water-Video Games!
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 19:57 Edited at: 9th Sep 2007 20:02
Can you give me your system specs, which version of Windows you're running, and whether you have installed the .NET framework 2.0, and DirectX v9.0c

Go here to get ALL of the components you need to install for DGDK.NET applications to run:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100531&b=22

Paul.

Dark Inferno Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 20:31 Edited at: 9th Sep 2007 20:42
I have Vista x64 and I have .NET 2.0 and DX 9.0c. This is the development machine.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 20:39
D.I.S. I suspect that this could be because of Vista x64. I've not physically tested DGDK.NET on Vista, although some people have reported that the Runtime doesn't install properly under Vista.

I do plan to sort this problem out, but for the time being, I can't suggest a solution unless it's an issue with the .NET applications themselves.

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 20:42
yeah I think the 64 bit aspect is the problem

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 02:17
CattleRustler - I don't disagree.

I AM curious however...

I thought Vista supports both 32 and 64 bit apps? How does that work for .Net? does .Net have 32 and 64 bit runtimes? I do KNOW that vista can run binaries that are compiled for 32 as 32 and the same for 64 bit stuff - but with the Compile-at-runtime CLR thing - does that compile to whatever the architecture is? 64 or 32? Does architecture become superfluous in .Net?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 22:13:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 22:13:31