Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / College Project Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 14:34 Edited at: 10th Sep 2007 15:06
Hey, I'm completely new to DarkBasic, but I'm hoping to use it for my college FMP in Games Development. I own a copy of Darkbasic Professional.

I will be creating cutscenes in Cinema 4D which I've spent the last year learning, but I'm hoping that someone would maybe code me a third person game engine for me to use and mess around with. Anyone helping will be credited in my documentation.

I will create my own character models / graphics etc as that's the area I am focussing on.

Thanks in advanced.

I'll post additional information when it's available to me.

EDIT : I am hoping to create a very basic survival horror game in the third person perspective, I know creating an engine for this may be difficult so I am okay with using a text based game with images rather than full graphics.

PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Asking for code is not allowed....

why dont you just get FPSC? you can use your own models, and have the program do the programming work for you

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 19:58
Quote: "Asking for code is not allowed...."

well it is allowed, its just your extremely unlikley to get.

I agree sounds like you should buy FPSC. Or optionally I remember a tutorial from about 4 years ago which after about 11 small modules you ended up with a 1st person style mini romp around trying to kill a green imp like thing. This would be a great starting point for you learning to import models and code at the same time to get something *very roughly* like you want that you can add to. can't for the life of me remember what it was though. Its probably stickied at the top of the forums though.

'Ooh 'eck chief'...'crumbs'
Aralox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 05:32
Heres 'teh codez' in the disguise of a tutorial!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=114275&b=7
PS: pleased to see a fellow c4d user! - im currently writing a large reference on how c4d and dbp links up, and so far ive covered quite a few milestones (ask me), but currently im into exporting animations from c4d into dbp. real headache. any success?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:14:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:14:50