Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Barricadium Demo, and screenshots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 15:09 Edited at: 10th Sep 2007 15:25
Barricadium is an old project that I was working on many moons ago.

I was planning on posting a demo, but never got round to it, because of a small collision bug. the bug is still here, and some other bugs, but anyway.. here's a Demo.

This demo is just a single player test, to show how the game will look. However, the computer opponent has not been added, so you have to control both bats by yourself with the mouse. The different game variations are also not ready, although you will see a spinning dice saying that you have got a random game variation.

Known bugs, are that sometimes the collision goes mad, and the ball sometimes does not change colour when you are holding it.

Here's a screenshot....

Here's the demo, nearly 10mb....
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pinchopaxton/BarricadiumDemo.rar

Press S key to have sound effects. Mouse button to fire ball.

The game is to keep both balls so that you score the most points. There would be exploding balls to get rid of later, and moving bricks, and pickups.. don't know if the game will ever get that far.

Oh, and it's DB Classic.

Thanks!

Pincho.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 16:06
The idea is extremely cool, the sellector is fun, the presentation is very good...

But - the collission is clearly bugged (omfg - it seemed to collide 5 blocks down and left on top half, and the other way around on bottom half) and the worst thing is that isn't what bothered me most!

Please do something about the music! Not so hard!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 16:16
Hehe everyone must make a bat and ball game, it should actually be in the AUP for this forum .

Looks really cool, will give it a try when I get home.

We're going down... in a spiral to the ground...
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 16:31
This must be one of the prettier bat and ball games around, lol.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 16:39 Edited at: 10th Sep 2007 16:55
Quote: "the collission is clearly bugged (omfg - it seemed to collide 5 blocks down and left on top half, and the other way around on bottom half)"

Could you explain this in more detail. You mean 5 pixels down from the top of the screen, or the top of a block? I think that the top, and bottom of the screen work ok. The block collision looks odd, but is not completely accurate because I use a system that gives me a lot of speed, but less accuracy. My eyes however accept that a collision has occured, and I can't see this 5 pixel/block thing that you are talking about.

My worst bug, is when the ball manages to find an angle where it can drill a hole through a whole bunch of bricks. I haven't seen it do it for a long time.

The music is from Knucklebusters, an old C64 game, and it has been remixed... by somebody...can't credit them unfortunately. been ages since I downloaded it, but it's freeware. He did want to be credited however.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 17:17
Quote: "My worst bug, is when the ball manages to find an angle where it can drill a hole through a whole bunch of bricks. I haven't seen it do it for a long time."

Well, for me it does so all the time. I've attached a video of gameplay...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 17:23 Edited at: 10th Sep 2007 17:30
Quote: "Well, for me it does so all the time. I've attached a video of gameplay..."

That's really strange. Something to do with the screen resolution. I've had about 4 graphic cards since I made this, and none of them messed up the screen like that (or it could be the monitor). However, I do have an 800*600 version of the game, and was going to put a choice of res somewhere. I think that this will fix the problem.

As an experiment, you could try changing your default monitor resolution to something else.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 10:30
Hey Pincho! I remember this game from a very very long time ago. Did you originally post it on RGT? Good luck fixing all the bugs

[center]
CREATE games with ease! NO programming required!
WIP
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It was after RGT I think.

Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:36:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:36:55