Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How do I set Default Window Size - Default Screen Resolution in DarkGDK C++?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 14:07
In DBPro you can set parameters in the *.dbpro file to control default settings.

In DarkGDK I can use dbSetDisplayMode(x,y,d) and dbWindowOff() for the full screen thing - so that answers that - but...

When I AM making a windowed program, the first thing that happens is the window size seems to be set around 640x480 - and then is centered based on this default size.

When I then call dbSetDisplayMode(x,y,d) I get a window that goes off the screen to the right and at the bottom - with the left most corner still in the place that the window was first drawn - (approximately where a 640x480 centered window's top left corner would be) My Screen is 1400x1050 but that is irrelevant. However I appreciate that if I HAD a 640x480 or 800x700 display this probably wouldn't seem to be an issue.

Thank You in advance for any suggestions.

Ravenal
Years of Service
User Offline
I kinda am having trouble myself with this. I am trying to make the window a fixed sized so that it doesn't scale my images etc... heh...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 22:13:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 22:13:11