Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Map object placer source code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 16:04 Edited at: 19th Sep 2007 07:25
edit: I took out the u/n and pass for blue, forgot to do that...

Well it's fully-functional if you ignore the bugs, and realize I didn't add one feature I wanted to. Just been busy with work lately. Also I did not clean the comments yet, as I will when I add that feature. Hopefully soon. I use Blue GUI, but a convert to WinGUI would be beneficial, as my interface also needs a huge cleaning. However it does work, and save files even.

And loading isn't the thing I wanted to add, it's groups for the specific type of game I'm making. The squares indicate your position. Also one of the comments is an error, as I had two variables named the same thing and didn't realize it.

Controls: Mouse moves, spacebar switches between move mode. The numpad lets you change the size of the x, y, and z values of every object. They don't have a real size until you start to change them, I fixed that in the previous editor that I lost the code for...

The other keys are wasd-like, and I broke the input functions up so you could probably tell what's happening.

Note: scancode and better input-handling would do this editor good, and error-checking to prevent accessing nonexistant stuff. There's a bit, but it's not enough. (good enough for my game though, you could say I finished it for my purposes)

I am releasing this as free and open-source to help any newbie, also if you wish to convert it to a free WinGUI version and add some stuff, go ahead. This is probably a good example for a newbie, (of how not to code) but a very basic map editor/object placement editor to study.

Note: The load map code is practically the same as save map code, and would be a good thing to code and test out if you're new.

Not all of my planned code and variables are used, like that menu near the top.

That's about it. It's not a WIP, more like a Finished Mess In Progress.... lol.

Promised to release it by tuesday, sorry

LLRGT omglol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:23:16