Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Newbie Question of the day!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2007 20:31
Alright, I got BSP maps to load and got collision working and such, HOORAY!

However, now I started playing with the physics kit from the sticky post above. My goal is to create boxes at the location of the camera, make them fall due to gravity and bounce, or slide or do something when they hit the BSP geometry.

I can drop boxes, and make them hit the ground and stick without the physics pack. I could also write code to handle the collisions but wanted to try out this physics pack (ODEPhysics.NET). Here is my code snippet:

if I include the line (oODE.ODE_Update() the boxes just fall through the world and keep going. If I comment out that line (and add in my own code for gravity) the boxes fall and stick to the ground.

So to you experienced guys and gals, got a tip on using the ODEPhysics.NET? Or just write my own stuff to handle the collisions?

Requirements for life: Food-Water-Video Games!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 22:12:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 22:12:45