Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Total screen blackness after compile

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, here's the story:

I've been working on a game for quite a while now, and have had no problems running/compiling/testing etc... up until now.

Whenever I compile the game, it compiles fine, loads everything up, then the screen just goes black. Nothing comes up. If I remove the SYNC ON command at the beggining of my code, everything comes up as it should, except it doesn't move, because it's not syncing obviously.

What's wrong? It's clearly not a problem with my code.

All help is appreciated.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 22:19
Quote: "If I remove the SYNC ON command at the beggining of my code, everything comes up as it should, except it doesn't move, because it's not syncing obviously"

That doesn't add up. If you remove SYNC ON, it will still SYNC, but automatically. So if everything moved previously, it will still move now.

That aside - WindowsKiller is spot on, you mustn't be SYNCing your code.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, i'm definently syncing my code in the main DO-LOOP.

But strangely enough, after removing a few of the CLONE OBJECT and LOAD OBJECT commands, it worked perfectly. Bit of a mystery problem, but it's solved, which is good.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 14:12
In which case, you probably have a resource-hogging model that it is chewing over.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, that probably was the problem. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:13:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:13:38