Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hey from Cyberdude

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, im new round here so please go easy on me. Im intrested in programing. Ive read a few tutorials on 2D andit seams evrey one sems to suggest that its best to start with 2D. So thats were im goign to start. 2D. I was wonderign if there was any special tutorial on 2D A.I. And can some one give me some info on 2D A.I programing. Is terhe w way point system?. Is it fast? or will i need the that 2d plugin pack or another dll. Please dont say that the commands will so if they wont in the future for more complex tasks. Becouse if they will suit my needs but it could easyly be faster then id prefer to go with the faster option so that i have it for bigger prodjects.

Thanks

Cyber-Cyberish
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2007 21:54
I wouldn't say 2D is best to start with, 3D is very easy in DBP.

AI doesn't change from 2D to 3D really, only the way you show it. The techniques behind it are the same. I made an AI tutorial, but you have to know about things like arrays. Look into core stuff, then try to expand on more specific things.

Welcome to TGC by the way

"It's like floating a boat on a liquid that I don't know, but I'm quite happy to drink it if I'm thirsty enough" - Me being a good programmer but sucking at computers
Cyber Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Zotoaster,

I know about Arrays ther basicly just like one variable holding lots more. I used to use Blitz3D for a while aswell. I was just thinking. There is a point obejct command for 3d is there one for 2d?.

Also how would i go about setting up 2D collision. I didnt do much 2D collision in Blitz3d only 3d but im presuming it will be similar. I want to make a 2d game becouse i found some cool sprites hehe.

Cyber Dude

Cyber-Cyberish

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:10:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:10:10