Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / 3 Completely Different Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 02:41
Hi, im new to the new bords, I've been in the old boards plenty of times (lost? join the club) anyways here's my questions:

1.) How can I get a face (I guess thats what there called, those one sided squares) To constantly face the camera? I tryed this:

Point object 1,camera position x, camera positon y, camera position z

but all it did was when the camera moved it spun around, plese help.

2.) I want to make it so that every 100 Pixles the system makes an ivisible box, these boxes continuse on for however long I want them and when your mouse runs over one something different happens for each box, plese help

3.) Can somone make me a random generator? just something like it have 25% of landing on either A B C or D when you start up the program, even better though would be something that it lands 60% on A and 40% on B. Be much appriciated
SpiralMinice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 03:30
Um... i dont think that im exactly sure what you're asking about with question's 2 and 3 but for the first question:
what you want to do is use the "position object" comand like this,

position object 1, camera position x, camera position y, camera position z - 100

this way the object will move percisely with the camera.
the -100 part sets the object 100 units away so that the object isn't right up in the camera.
as for getting the camera to face a particular polygon face on the object you can try first rotating the object to the angle you want and then use the "fix object pivot" comand that fixes the object's angle for good after you have rotated it. peace

Come children and i shall bring you into unlevend
feilds of faraf fo sdlief dnevelnu otni uoy gnirb llahs i dna nerdlihc emoC
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 03:32
The answer to question nr. 3:
I think this is what you need.

"It's good to be bad..."
Dungeon Keeper
Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 04:06
Yeah this is what I needed for 1 and 3, thx, now i just need 2.

sorry for now being clear

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:44:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:44:39