Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Some downloaded .wav files don't work.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded several .wav sound effects from the same website and coded them in correctly. Some work, some don't - and was wondering why. The files were downloaded, unzipped, and installed into correct project folder. Project coding is correct and .wav files are correctly referenced. Some will play, others give error message : "Runtime Error 3002-Could not load sound at line (whatever)". All the .wav files run correctly in the windows media player, but not in my game. Thanks in advance for help.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 23:33 Edited at: 4th Oct 2007 23:35
.wav files can be created/saved in a number of ways using various bit rates and compressions, including .mp3. they still save as "*.wav" but are not necessarily the .wav format that dark basic expects so they'll give you the error. i expect windows media player (and other media players) know to look for extended information to sort out exactly what the .wav file is. alas, dbpro doesn't seem to do much (if any) of that. so...long story short, you'll need to take those .wav's and convert them to normal .wav files (or .mp3's, etc). i don't recall the specs dbpro (and windows/dx?) considers as standard .wav so you'll have to do a little trial and error. there's probably more than one and it shouldn't be too difficult a task (looking at the program i sometimes use for sound, i have my .wav files set to export as "Microsoft 16 bit PCM" and expect that will be successful for you).

oh, in case you need it, i use Audacity. it has some good features for sound (including many export options) and it's free/open source. you can find it here:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

good luck!

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "oh, in case you need it, i use Audacity. it has some good features for sound (including many export options) and it's free/open source. you can find it here:"

Yeah, I like audacity too!
Anyway convert them to MP3 and save on disk space. I can't tell the diffrence!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:17:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:17:20