Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Shooter Ideas?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. It's me again. And I'm wondering what some good shooter ideas would be (and maybe a few programming tricks for one). So far, I have a Metroid Prime 3/Resident Evil idea. But it's only my mold, and I can easily change it. I don't really have any code to display yet.
Lord Einstein
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 23:36
Its up to you what you make your game to be. You shouldn't really be asking because everyone is going to say this or give some stupid idea.

Here is my stupid idea:

Try to make something simular to Halo
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 09:20
Quote: "Here is my stupid idea:

Try to make something simular to Halo"

Its not a stupid idea just... HARD!

I keep runing nowhere fast!
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcome to the fourms. Now forgive me if i'm wrong but juging by your join date you should start making pong or something. Although I suck at coding!

Hardsoft Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been programming for a long time, I just now got an account.
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 22:47
When makign a shooter be sure to use functions alot (to shoot, to do ANYTHING)

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2007 13:22 Edited at: 10th Oct 2007 18:26
I love questions like these...

I've been pondering over this game idea for a couple of years. GUN BLAZER: a First Person Rail-style Shooter ala Time Crisis, House of the Dead . The concept was originally designed around the idea of using TWO Light Guns and a large screen TV.

The Plot: You are a Angelic Bounty Hunter armed with two Firearms and Super Natural Powers. Your job is to round up the 13 Boss Demons that have escaped from Hell. No new idea there.

Because the Player Character's movement is automated (on rails) you can concentrate all of your energy into Blasting demons back to Hell. So here comes the innovation. In your Left Hand you hold a Red Gun (red cursor on screen), and in your Right Hand a Blue Gun (blue cursor on screen). When you fire and hit incoming demons in specific patterns of Red/Blue, you can activate super powers that morph your firearms into more powerful weapons.

The demons come at you from every direction on screen so you will you find yourself performing Left/Right Hand Crossovers, Shooting in Patterned Shapes, Shooting at Patterned Intevals etc to activate Super Powers. I refer to this as GunKata.

In addition to the hordes of demon attackers, there are puzzles in the game that you can help you develop your GunKata. As the game progress you can learn new and more power combinations to activate more devastating powers.
Eevil Weevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2007 23:55 Edited at: 10th Oct 2007 23:56
How 'bout this:
There is a something called the Makjah. It controls everyone, even the player. It is fate. When the universe starts, the Makjah is like the CPU of the game - it works out everything, from every atomic movement to whether the bomb will drop , and as it does, it slowly runs out, until there is non left - the end of the universe. There is no way to change it, unless you have more of the Makjah, which is 'impossible'. Your journey starts in a quest to possess this Makjah, until you learn of the a truth; the Makjah is about to run out soon. In your desperate attempt to create some more of this Makjah, and ultimately save the universe, you will meet friends, foes, allies, enemies, of all sorts. Until, one day, you bring about the end of existance, by means of taking the Makjah from the past, with caused an explosion, and as you die, and time stops, you realize the horrible truth:
You haven't tricked fate.
Fate has tricked you.
Dun dun dun!

Oh, and BTW, don't copy that. The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic acts states that this piece will be copyrighted until I've been dead for 50 years. SCREWED

Excuse me. Yes you. Stop reading my siggy! It is private. Stoppit! Now! I'll kill you! Bleurgh! Go away or I'll format your C-drive! You are dead! I am dead! Yes! Ahem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:15:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:15:33