Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can't get trial samples to run correctly directX problem ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am evaluating DarkBasic Pro trial version

I installed the latest version of DirectX, via the microsoft web site which is now called DirectX 10, but is reported as directx 9c by the DirectX diagnostic tool

The directX diagnosis tool reports that I am running

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Microsoft diagnostic tool reports everything is working correctly when I run the diagnostic tests under the test tool.

The new ReleifMapper.dbpro just draws a red cube with no shadeing

ShinyObject.dbpro crashes directX

PelicanDemo works

ReflectivePlane demo works

Also when I try to run all the samples in debug mode ( F6 )i get a "DirectX not installed error"

Computer spec Acer Laptop Travelmate 2312M_L

1.4 Ghz Intel Celeron
1GB of ram
windows XP Home SP2

DirectX SDK 9c was already installed

I also initally tried to install Darkbasic pro trial to a directory called C:\DarkBasic instead, DarkBasicPro trial did not like this and reported the compiler was incompatible, this was fixed by reinstalling to its default location under program files

Please could somebody suggest a solution to these problems ?

Thanks in advance for any help offered ?

Jack Taylor
zogtrog
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried installing the trial version to my desktop PC as I thought the problem might be related to the graphics hardware inside my laptop.

On my desktop all of the demos seem to work ok, except the pelican demo. On my laptop I got a nice white pelican floating around the screen, on a blue background. On my desktop I get a very dark background with a metalic looking pelican!

This suggests to me that the way that DirectX is implemented on my computers is inconsistent.

What images should I see for each of the demos ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:17:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:17:55