Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Janes.ea.com?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey does anyone know what happened to janes.ea.com? I was looking for some stuff on janes fleet command, but it doesnt look like janes.ea.com is up anymore.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 17:59
Either a site Revamp or more likely they've gone bust.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Vandetta
Years of Service
User Offline
Jane's gone bust! NOOOO! I loved Jane's. This is a sad day.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 13:19
isn't Janes actualy a Military Mag? ... so probably just the software side of things gone bust lol but as i said might just be a website change ... Mircosofts FSAA moved thier site, they didn't tell anyone - not even Microsoft lol, took people like 2-3months before they found it again.

This industry is full of weird and stupid acts lol

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 13:54
Janes going bust is about as likley as me winning a programming competition , all their other sites are ok, maybe it`s just been taken down for updates, I noticed this site
http://www.janes.com/defence/naval_forces/
has a lot of guest articles, so that may be the case, Janes are the world experts and definitive reference on military and security, even the armed services use them as a reference, their books on aircraft and other weapons are more like instruction manuals, even my copy of Janes AH64D longbow (the flight simulator) has a reference section that reads more like the owners manual, Janes have been around forever, when I was into wargames they where the reference book of choice, the only disadvantage was their cost and the sheer number of books they print.

Mentor.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 15:32
Mentor... there is Janes, but this was EA Janes - think they used to be a collection of Novalogic guys. The magazine could go bust, its about as likely as say Wal*Mart going bust cause its worth around the same on the Stock Ex but lol still could happen on a sureal day

though i would like to know now exactly whats happened to the software comp

Vandetta
Years of Service
User Offline
Sad...I just read on a forum that EA let their contract to use the Jane's name expire. So I guess no more Jane's combat simulations

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:29:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:29:30